How many Toyota Camry Hybrids have pinstripes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default How many Toyota Camry Hybrids have pinstripes?

I was in Mobile, Alabama, recently and drove by Springhill Toyota to see if any of the Toyota Camry Hybrids had pinstriping. My wife told me she had seen a Camry Hybrid with pinstriping (ours does not have it . . . yet, maybe) and it looked nice. I saw a Magnetic Grey one at the Toyota dealer with pin stripes and I thought it looked pretty nice, too --- nice enough to consider adding them to mine. However, most of the Camrys I see on the road --- Hybrid or not --- don't seem to have pin striping. Anyone out there have a pinstriped Camry Hybrid and if so, what color is your car and the stripe?

Old 06-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How many Toyota Camry Hybrids have pinstripes?

Pin stripes are a dealer applied option. That is unless Southeast Toyota decides to package it in. There is a dealership near Norfolk Va. that stripes every car that goes off the lot. They are color cordinated. Seems to me I have seen pictures of one on here a long time ago, you may want to search the pictures under 'share'

Old 06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by agentkev
However, most of the Camrys I see on the road --- Hybrid or not --- don't seem to have pin striping. Anyone out there have a pinstriped Camry Hybrid and if so, what color is your car and the stripe?
The dealer I used pinstripes all their cars unless you tell them not to. My Barcelona Red TCH has beige pinstriping to match the interior.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/sh...hp?i=1280&c=40

Old 06-07-2007, 05:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

My Black TCH has grey pinstriping, also to match the interior.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

I bought my car in May '06 when dealers had more leverage against the customer. On a phone conversation my dealer told me that all of the cars that come off their lot get pinstriped at the customer's expense of (I can't remember for sure) $300 (or $400?). I told them I didn't want it, he stood firm. I told him then I'll buy my car elsewhere (took guts to say that back in May '06). He called me back 3 days later and said he was "able to get his manager to approve it".

So no pinstripes for me.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

FYI - The pinstripe material costs about $5.00....dont be fooled into paying much for a pinstripe job. The time involved for an experienced detailer to apply it is about 15 minutes too.

HUGH PROFIT for the dealer....Way more than the "protector" packages !!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks to all those who replied. I did look through all the images in "Share" and TKCamry seems to be the only one to supply photos of a pinstriped Toyota Camry Hybrid. All the others posted are, or were at the time of the photos, not pinstriped. I'm still trying to decide if I want to put 'em on my magnetic grey Camry Hybrid; I think I'm going to give it a shot (and I paid $7 for the material at PepBoys). If anyone else has photos of their pinstriped Camry (Hybrid or non-Hybrid) I'd like to see 'em.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Painted pin stripes are more money and better quality than the adhesive decals. Painted stripes take more skill to apply.

Don't think the stripes would look as good on a model with the side body panel moldings.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Dazed and Confused

I have not seen a dealer around here apply sticker pin stripes in a long time. They all contract out to various companies to paint on the stripes. Some cars the striping really makes the car look finished, and other it just looks tacked on. IMPO, the camry fits the tacked on category. I like mine naked.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The dealer I bought my car from adds pin stripping and the exterior/interior protection package to all their cars. I told them I didn't want to pay for that stuff and had them factory order my TCH. I got my car just the way I wanted it.

Quick Reply: How many Toyota Camry Hybrids have pinstripes?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands