Hy-Curious with questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hy-Curious with questions

Well I had been trying to decide whether to go with the nav system or get the base system and upgrade that to an aftermarket double din nav/dvd player system. In the end the price works out to be about the same but I would think the factory nav system has less of a chance of being stolen. I'll probably try and pick up the arm rest DVD player to keep kids happy.

I'm hoping to do this sometime next week before the incentives expire. Has anyone picked up a fully loaded 08 TCH lately? And how much did you pay for it?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dledeaux
I'm hoping to do this sometime next week before the incentives expire. Has anyone picked up a fully loaded 08 TCH lately? And how much did you pay for it?
If this helps, I bought mine mid-Nov. Car was loaded (Nav, leather, moonroof, etc...). MSRP was $31,217. Paid $28,090 + TTL.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Dazed and Confused

I have the nav and got it for the hybrid data you don't get with the MFD.

The JBL sound could be much better.

I had the balance favored to the rear to make it sound better, and I have a blown speaker in the rt. rear location. I listen to talk radio about 70% of the time, and I am sure it was the booming voice of Michael Savage that got the speaker.

I plan to replace the speakers soon.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

One thing I just found out about the nav that I do not like. In my wifes car's nav, you can put in ten locations you want to visit (garage sales, xmas light displays) and let the nav figure out the best route. In the TCH nav, it looks like you have to tell the nav which order to visit them in. This is hard to do if you have no idea where they are located. There may be a "you figure out the best route in any order" option, but I did not see it.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dledeaux
Well I had been trying to decide whether to go with the nav system or get the base system and upgrade that to an aftermarket double din nav/dvd player system. In the end the price works out to be about the same but I would think the factory nav system has less of a chance of being stolen. I'll probably try and pick up the arm rest DVD player to keep kids happy.

I bought my loaded (leather, NAV, moonroof, etc) 2008 TCH on Nov 30th. $27,500 + tax and tags. That includes a $500 rebate. Car listed for $31,119. Now is a good time to buy. My wife used the dealer quote option off of the Toyota website. Easy and works great. Through that, we found a dealer who was really hungry for a sale.

Good luck,

Peter