Hybrid Venza..?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Hybrid Venza..?

How soon might we see a Venza hybrid using the new I4 but with DFI and Atkinson cycle....?

Or an RX225h F/awd using the Venza platform...??

Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Venza..?

Good question.

There are so many new platforms and models coming down the pike, what we are driving today will seem like a technological dinosaur in as little as 5 and certainly in as little as 10 years.

Just saw a section in this week's Motor Week program about how Raleigh, NC is putting in plug-in stations for plug in cars.....that aren't even on the market yet!

As for when you will see it, last year at this time, Toyota's Prius production was limited by Panasonic's ability to produce enough batteries. If batteries are still a limiting factor, then that may be the reason why Toyota and other companies don't introduce more hybrids.

Last edited by SanAntonio Joe; 07-29-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:17 AM

Porsche 918 Spyder hybrid supercar to go on sale http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10803020

The plug-in hybrid needs just under five litres of petrol for every 100 miles driven...

Last edited by haroldo; 07-30-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I would love to see a hybrid Venza. I really miss my roomy minivan and the Venza would be a really nice compromize.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Subaru has already prototyped and shown a hybrid wagon which should be out in another year or so. Other Japanese mfgs. are probably much less comfortable developing new wagon drivetrains.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:01 PM

The Venza was mentioned in many pre-production articles as having been designed from the beginning for a Hybrid powertrain. My guess is that many current factors have conspired to keep Toyota from marketing a Hybrid Venza at this time: The current economy. Gas prices are reasonably stable and reasonably cheap. The "Toyota bashing" media. Recalls. Soft sales. Did I mention the economy?

I would also guess that when the economy improves, sales firm up, and gas prices head up, Toyota will bring to market a Hybrid version of the Venza. Perhaps along with mid-cycle freshening.

As well as currently owning my second TCH, I am a current Venza V6 owner, and I really love the Venza. I really wish a (4CYL) hybrid version had been available when I bought it. The Hybrid Highlander is way too expensive, and is focused on performance, rather than economy. While I think the TCH Hybrid engine is perfect for the Camry, it might be just a hair under powered for the heavier Venza. I agree with the OP that the new larger 4cly with Hybrid would be perfect for the Venza. Hope my guesses are right, as I would be a byer in 2-3 years.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Enthusiast

I like feature of Venza specially, Venza also offer an Automatic High Beam headlight system. When high beam headlights are in use sensors in the Automatic High Beam system detects oncoming traffic and automatically switch the headlights to low-beam.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Micheal73
I like feature of Venza specially, Venza also offer an Automatic High Beam headlight system. When high beam headlights are in use sensors in the Automatic High Beam system detects oncoming traffic and automatically switch the headlights to low-beam.
Nice feature but not exactly original. My dad had a '59 Lincoln Continental that had this feature along with an "seek" feature on the radio. The radio seek was a button on the floor board that would "seek" the next station when stepped on - really cool for over 50 years ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands