I guess I'm green now

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default I guess I'm green now

I picked up my TCH today. I am LOVING it!!! It is completely loaded. My friend asked me if there was anything that it didn't have. Yep, I think this is going to be a good car.

Last edited by dledeaux; 08-10-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I guess I'm green now

Congrats...and enjoy.
Don't be disappointed by the MPG stats for the first few tanks as both the car and you will have to go through a 'break in period'.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:11 AM
blahhhhhh!

ESPECIALLY don't be disappointed if you live in a cold climate (ie, upstate NY where it hasn't been above 15 in over a month, not like, georgia "cold" where it's only 50 ) because your gas mileage will "suck" anyway (I'm getting 31-32 mpg right now when the temperatures have been around 0°F). You will just have to wait a few months to get better gas mileage, and by then your car will be broken in, so it should increase a lot!

Also, I never even knew I had reading lights in the back until my little sister sat back there and left them on!

Lastly, CONGRATS!! what color is it?

Old 12-21-2007, 03:44 AM

I never knew about the rear lights, either.
I'm at work now, where are they?

Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 AM
blahhhhhh!

you know how the ceiling is pretty low? they're like hidden behind that, the ceiling goes up a little bit and they're hidden back there... I've never actually laid eyes on them, but I've seen them on and it looks like that is where they are.

PS shame on you for being online at work

Old 12-21-2007, 04:46 AM

I get paid $50 per post at this forum...you aren't getting paid?

Old 12-21-2007, 04:49 AM
blahhhhhh!

I only get paid 17.85 you win

but if you calculate the work to pay ratio, I would probably make about $50/hr for the times i'm actually WORKING!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KTLane
ESPECIALLY don't be disappointed if you live in a cold climate (ie, upstate NY where it hasn't been above 15 in over a month, not like, georgia "cold" where it's only 50 ) because your gas mileage will "suck" anyway (I'm getting 31-32 mpg right now when the temperatures have been around 0°F). You will just have to wait a few months to get better gas mileage, and by then your car will be broken in, so it should increase a lot!
I'm in San Antonio Texas where it gets cold if it's below 50 degrees. But even just the little driving around I was doing yesterday I was getting 36 mpg. But I've been reading a lot about techniques for driving for MPG with this car.

Lastly, CONGRATS!! what color is it?
Thanks, it's desert sand mica.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by dledeaux
I'm in San Antonio Texas where it gets cold if it's below 50 degrees.
I'm jealous! It must be relatively flat down there too, which will help you out a lot. I live in the hills so it's another MPG killer. I can't wait to move somewhere else

Old 12-21-2007, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by dledeaux
...But I've been reading a lot about techniques for driving for MPG with this car.....
I'd ignore the one about drafting, you know, driving 15 feet behind an 18 wheeler, but hey, it's your car.

Quick Reply: I guess I'm green now

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands