ICE started up immediately

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default ICE started up immediately

It always takes about 10 seconds for the ICE to turn on after starting up the car. This morning the ICE turned on immediately and felt pretty rough. Within about 10 seconds it was running normally. Has anyone else had the ICE start up immediately upon starting the car?

Old 09-14-2006, 06:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: ICE started up immediately

Neverhad this happen, may have a sensor problem.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

If it is cold out, or cooler than it has been, the ICE will start immediately, to warm things up. After warm up, it should go back to normal. At least this is how I understand it.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have never had this happen, however sometime ICE kicks in and out more rough than other times.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by acco20
If it is cold out, or cooler than it has been, the ICE will start immediately, to warm things up. After warm up, it should go back to normal. At least this is how I understand it.
It's still 80 degrees here. Aside from which the car was sitting in the garage.

One thing I did notice is that when I started the car the temp gauge was reading higher than it normally does on startup. It hasn't done it except for that one time.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

My guess is if there was an issue - with all of the computers in these things - it will notify you....

Old 09-29-2006, 04:47 AM

It happened again. Started the car and waited for the beep to put it in reverse. The ICE started up immediately with no delay. I noticed another thing. Normally everything turns on slowly. For instance the fan on the climate control system will not turn on immediately and when it does it gently and gradually (over several seconds) gets up to speed. This morning it immediately came on full blast.

I know it's not as bad as what Norb and Charlesc had happen to them. But it does make me wonder.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:29 AM
HSD Organic Interface

If this happened to me, I'd be checking SoC first to see if it's ususually low. If it's not, it almost seems like the computer thinks it's already in "ready" mode instead of initializing ready mode.

I'm still pretty diberate with my On and Off cycles because I made a few goofs being to casual turning on and going off earlier on...

Old 09-29-2006, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Droid13
If this happened to me, I'd be checking SoC first to see if it's ususually low. If it's not, it almost seems like the computer thinks it's already in "ready" mode instead of initializing ready mode...
Droid. Good point. My SOC was pretty low this morning. I don't remember how it was the first time it happened.

Originally Posted by Droid13
I'm still pretty diberate with my On and Off cycles because I made a few goofs being to casual turning on and going off earlier on...
I actually threw it in reverse very quickly after hearing the beep... almost at the same time. Perhaps I'll be a little more deliberate.