Indicator strip out and dash rattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Indicator strip out and dash rattle

After a cricket noise fix my indicator strip has a problem.

During my first service check up my dealer ordered a new console cover to eliminate the cricket noises. The replacement did eliminate the cricket noises (we will see how long this lasts).
Unfortunately the gear indicator strip on the console no longer lights up at night when the lights are on and the indicator strip gets very hot to the touch.
I brought my hybrid in to have this checked out. I also have another rattling noise coming from the dashboard on the passenger side which the service tech confirmed- but could not locate the source. They are also looking at my armrest to figure out why that clicks/squeaks as well on rough and bumpy roads.

Anybody else have indicator strip issues and passenger side rattles?

Old 11-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Indicator strip out and dash rattle

I just noticed the indicator strip heating up last night.

If your dealer gives you an answer about it, I'd appreciate
you telling us.

Thanks

Byron

Old 11-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I assumed that the heat from this area was normal, because the indicator strip on my 1999 Corolla was also warm when it was lit.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

My dealer/service center just told me that a new console cover/indicator strip and flip up door have been ordered- they must all be replaced on my hybrid- it will take a week to get the parts. Not entirely sure what the actual problem was. Once I speak to the tech I will share the info.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Electricity Guzzler

I also have the passenger side dash rattle problem.

I took it in. They said they fixed it but no luck. I have to bring it in again. All the tech did was to jam some felt up in the dash. He said it was missing some insulation. What a crock! Sound is vibration so obviously something is loose. I told him that the dash didn't rattle for the first 3 months I had the car. Something is loose, a clip or wiring or... A piece of felt jammed in their to muffle the sound isn't addressing the problem.

All the tech did was lift up the clock console part at the top center of the dash and put the felt in there. I wasn't there at the time. I would've ripped him a new one if I was. I had to go to work. Keep us informed what exactlyis the source of the dash noise on your car. I also had the crickets prob. (I was the first to mention it.) They fixed it but unfortunately, I had started to return. although very quietly and infrequently. So quiet that only an owner could notice. I want to deal with the dash rattle first. I also had them install the front brake shims. Mine squealed in the morning when first used.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

I will be pressing hard on these noises. I don't care how many times I have to bring the car back. I'll keep you folks posted.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Enthusiast

Update on my Camry Indicator panel problem and rattles.

My Camry hybrid is in for service. The new indicator strip and console cover parts supposedly just arrived for the fix. The passenger side rattle/clack and the arm rest clicking/clacking are also being looked at again. A persistent squealing of either the front brakes or rear brakes when I reverse out of my driveway in the morning is also being looked at. According to the Toyota TSBs that were posted on another thread my VIN number is not included in the cars requiring the fix. I wonder how this will be addressed.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am interested to know how the brake squealing problem is handled since I have the same situation...brake squealing when backing out of the garage but not one of the VINs covered by the TSB.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by klynch
I am interested to know how the brake squealing problem is handled since I have the same situation...brake squealing when backing out of the garage but not one of the VINs covered by the TSB.
I must have missed the post about the squealing brakes...I have that problem and they also grab. Can someone please direct me to the post about the TSB? Thanks!

Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Could the dash sound be this?
http://tsbs.go.dyndns.org/3.pdf
Not sure I'd want them tearing my car apart that much.

Quick Reply: Indicator strip out and dash rattle

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands