Install Moulding or have dealer do it...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Install Moulding or have dealer do it...

I ordered body side moulding from my local dealer - I know the parts guy and go them at invoice price.... My question... Who has installed them themselves (instructions) or should I just have the dealer install them since it will be in the shop for an oil change..... Thoughts...

PS Anyone have a desert sand with the black mud guards that can take a picture for me - not sure I want them on...

Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Install Moulding or have dealer do it...

I did the side moulding myself. Just follow the instructions that are cleverly hidden in the folds of the box. Should not be a big deal. See my pictures.

Also, make sure that you follow the measurements exactly per the instructions.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:25 AM
TCH 2007 newbie May 07

Could you give a brief description of the instructions? I was thinking of buying them and putting them on myself but I really don't want to screw this up.

Mucho appreciated.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

I did mine. If I recall correctly, you put vertical strips of masking tape on your vehicle at specific spots, then using a tape measure, make marks on it. You then put a horizontal strip of making tape, aligning on the marks, thereby producing a reference line that your moulding will follow.

You dry fit it to make sure it looks ok, then you unpeel the adhesive strip a bit on one end and stick an end on.

Next, you slowly unpeel and continue to stick as you walk the reference line. You rub everything real good with your palm, and your done.

You can do it yourself.