Intelligent Key Fob Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Intelligent Key Fob Battery Replacement

Byron,

The circuit board will fall out and the battery is on the back side.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:52 AM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by ByronJames2003

I opened the FOB using the directions above, but I don't see the battery, only the circut board.
Just flip the little circuit board over, battery is on the other side. There are no screws or anything holding it down.

I'm an expert at changing these batteries, and can do it in about 15 seconds. Mine ran down a few months ago, and thinking it was a greal deal, I bought a batch of 10 on eBay dirt cheap. The batteries must be defective because even though the date is recent on them, testing them shows they were all almost dead on arrival. I get about 2 to 4 weeks use out of each one. I've changed my battery 8 times now.

I've got 1 more spare to go before I hunt down a good one!

Be leary of Energizer 1632 batteries on eBay. I think they were meant for Chinese watches!

Last edited by Droid13; 08-06-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

David

I was afraid you were going to say that. I hate taking things apart....well, I like taking them apart...lol...I seem to have problems putting them back together.

I did take it apart and have the battery now.
Heading over to Radio Shack now to see if they have it.

I probably should have done this at home with the other FOB nearby.

lol

I may need a ride home tonight guys.

Byron

Old 08-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ok....

Here is the battery

http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...20battery&sr=1

Radio Shack has it available only on their website. I tried a few kiosks in the mall that replace watch batteries, they didn't have it, neither did Best Buy or Ritz camera.

I'll swing by Toyota and pick up two.

I am curious to see how much Toyota charges for it.

Byron

Old 08-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Probably a very good idea for everyone to keep one or two in that front slot under the center arm rest, just in case...along with a printout of the instructions on how to replace it.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

I opened mine and it was a Panasonic CR1632 and they can be gotten at Radio Shack, see below:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2715429

Old 08-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Camry Freak

Originally Posted by haroldo
Probably a very good idea for everyone to keep one or two in that front slot under the center arm rest, just in case...along with a printout of the instructions on how to replace it.
Why do you need a print-out?

The instructions and all the information you need about the key fob- and how to replace the battery are in your owner's manual.

I don't see the need to carry extra batteries in the car. The car tells you well in advance when the battery is going to die... and even if you wait too long to replace the battery- the system will still work even if the battery is completely dead.

Having extra batteries in the car is wasteful. The temperature extremes will reduce the life of the "extra" batteries anyway. Might as well save your money until you actually need to replace the batteries.

They sell them at any retail store- Walmart, Target... heck, even most grocery stores around here sell them.

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but just trying to make the process simple... because it is.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
it's just a car...

I bought a "spare" battery a couple of years ago, but have not needed it yet.
It's still in its original blister pack, somewhere near the bottom of the console.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:14 AM

I searched a few months ago here in our town. Even walmart did not stock this battery. I found a supplier on the internet. It's Bodytronics, a exercise supplier. I was told they used this battery number in some of their Pedometers and etc.

I only needed the two but at $1.99 I decided to get 6. I also bought two other with different numbers for my watch. That made a total of 8 batteries which gave me free shipping and no tax. The total was only about $16. I receive them in about a week.

This is their main page below. Type, CR1632 into the search. Then select the RE1632 and it will take you to the purchase page I pasted below.

These are swiss made lithium batteries. I have used the new ones for about 2 months with no problems.

BODYTRONICS homepage:
http://bodytronics.com/CTGY/Pedomete...FQuwGgodpgTuVg

Old 08-07-2008, 05:53 AM

This is a closely related (but different) question. I've never seen the low battery warning spoken about, but recently have started to see "Key Not Detected", even with the key in my pocket where it always is (always with the car already on - so it hasn't been a problem). This is new - I never saw it in the first year of owning the car, but I now see this at least 3 or 4 times a week. I thought maybe the battery was weak, but for some reason wasn't getting the low battery warning. I changed the battery to a new one, but still see the key not detected warning with the same frequency.

If I take the key out of my pocket and bring it closer to the dash, the warning goes away and everything is fine again (even when I return the key to my pocket). Any ideas as to what's going on?

Quick Reply: Intelligent Key Fob Battery Replacement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands