Intelligent Key Fob Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Electricity Guzzler
Default Re: Intelligent Key Fob Battery Replacement

ok, dumb ques.

I took my fob apart.

When I flip it upside down the circuitboard doesn't fall out. The battery is underneath from what everyone says. I see that there's four small black plastic tabs holding it in place?

am I suppose to pry them back and pull the board or just try to pry the board out without pulling on those little tabs?

the tabs look darn fragile and I don't want to bust them leaving a loose connection.

tx

Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fullofbeans
When I flip it upside down the circuitboard doesn't fall out. The battery is underneath from what everyone says. I see that there's four small black plastic tabs holding it in place?
The tabs hold the battery case to the circuitboard. They don't hold the circuit board in place.

There is a block of sticky foam under the circuitboard that keeps it from falling out. Look at the board, the for plastic tabs are on one half, the other half has one corner notched. Slowly and gently pry the notched side and it will release from the sticky foam and fall out.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks to rburt, I ordered from bodytronics as well. I bought 2 and with 2 dollar shipping that's a grand total of 6 dollars. It was an easy install using the TCH manual. It's been over a week and so far so good.

Originally Posted by rburt07
I searched a few months ago here in our town. Even walmart did not stock this battery. I found a supplier on the internet. It's Bodytronics, a exercise supplier. I was told they used this battery number in some of their Pedometers and etc.

I only needed the two but at $1.99 I decided to get 6. I also bought two other with different numbers for my watch. That made a total of 8 batteries which gave me free shipping and no tax. The total was only about $16. I receive them in about a week.

This is their main page below. Type, CR1632 into the search. Then select the RE1632 and it will take you to the purchase page I pasted below.

These are swiss made lithium batteries. I have used the new ones for about 2 months with no problems.

BODYTRONICS homepage:
http://bodytronics.com/CTGY/Pedomete...FQuwGgodpgTuVg

Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 AM

Update: It's been a while since I bought those from bodytronics. I used them in my keyfobs and put some in a friends keyfobs that also owns a hybrid. I gave them 2 extra batteries.

For my latest replacement, I went to Amazon.com/ and typed in their search for, Energizer lithium cr1632 battery. I found one page that listed 5 batteries for $7.99 with free shipping. I can't find that exact page tonight. I did find the 5 pack that says, used. That link shows 5 for the same price. At the bottom it says they are 'new'. One review did say his were dated 2006. I did not find any dates on mine and the one I installed tested in middle of the good range.

Last edited by rburt07; 07-21-2009 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast

The Energizer lithium CR1632 battery can be purchased on Amazon at the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Lith.../dp/B001D0E21Y

They are $1.66 each + $2.49 shipping. You can buy more than one and still only pay the $2.49 shipping (I just ordered 3).

These do come from a third-party seller but the reviews indicate that the batteries purchased worked well, which is encouraging.

Last edited by djwilso; 07-20-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

Wow- great deal, and thanks for that amazon link!

Couldn't find that friggin battery anywhere!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

The warning came up on my Dash that the FOB could not be read or something like that. I held the FOB up to the Power Button and it was fine. The next couple of starts were fine but then it said that the battery in the FOB needed changing. So I changed it with a new CR1632 Energizer.

Out of curiosity - I used my Fluke voltmeter to see what was left of the battery I just replaced (thinking it would be around 1v)...

2.8v left!

Measured another new battery and it was 3.02v

Old 07-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast
Old 07-29-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Big-Foot

Out of curiosity - I used my Fluke voltmeter to see what was left of the battery I just replaced (thinking it would be around 1v)...

2.8v left!

Measured another new battery and it was 3.02v
Under a very light load the old battery may have read nearer 2 volts.