iSimple iPod adapter and Aux input

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default iSimple iPod adapter and Aux input

I just had an iSimple iPod adapter (PXAMG) installed in my 2007 TCH with factory nav and now my aux input (in the cubby) doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 12-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: iSimple iPod adapter and Aux input

Originally Posted by Robert Besen
I just had an iSimple iPod adapter (PXAMG) installed in my 2007 TCH with factory nav and now my aux input (in the cubby) doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem?
Most likely the installer forgot to put the cable back after installation. Should be a simple fix.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, that's what I figured too. I have to go back to Best Buy for them to fix another problem with the installation so I just have to remember to tell them to fix this also. Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Hi,
Would you share your experience with both the Best Buy installation and the iSimple itself?
Cheers!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

The guy at best buy didn't know what he was doing so had to explain it to him, after several days of figuring it out myself. Part of the problem was I had a 3.0 touch and that needs a particular cable ( for 5V charging) that my unit didn't have. Later ones do have it. The unit itself is ok, but has it's limits, mostly related to the limits of using the SAT input. Search on youtube for a video that shows how it operates. You can't beat the price in any event, and overall I'm now satisfied. My biggest problem is my wife has a 2010 Prius which has terrific iPod integration and I'm jealous. Hope this helps. Oh, and the installer had just forgotten to reattach the aux. Easily fixed.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks!
Now the question that I need to answer for myself is, go the BestBuy (iSimple) or through the dealer for the Toyota version.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Enthusiast

I'm guessing the Toyota version will operate similarly to the iSimple since it also uses the SAT input, and it's a lot more expensive. If you go to bestbuy, make sure the cable that goes to the iPod has a little white tag that says 5V.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Wink Re: iSimple iPod adapter and Aux input

Originally Posted by in2insight
Thanks!
Now the question that I need to answer for myself is, go the BestBuy (iSimple) or through the dealer for the Toyota version.
You also may want to consider a unit from Vais.

I had the Vais installed in mine and love the interface. It also automatically puts in the I agree in my Nav.