Japan Camry Accessories

Old 04-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Japan Camry Accessories

Originally Posted by john312
Door mirror with attached side turn lamp.

For vehicle dress up (of course), cover visibility of right and left fold time conforms to safety standards.
[I'm not really sure about this sentence (especially this part: 折時 which I interpreted as fold time)]
Hello from Japan,

"折時" is "in case of turns".
So...
"They are confirmed to Japanese safety regulation standard, and they have great visibility from others in case of right or left turns."

Ken@Japan

Old 04-13-2007, 04:17 AM

Yes do keep up posted. I would like to know what you think of them. I showed them to my wife and her exact words were "They look nice but they aren't worth THAT much money". LOL

Old 04-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ken1784
Hello from Japan,

'折時' is 'in case of turns'.
So...
'They are confirmed to Japanese safety regulation standard, and they have great visibility from others in case of right or left turns.'

Ken@Japan
Thank you Ken. That compound wasn't in the dictionary I am using so I made a guess based on the two kanji separately.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by john312
Thank you Ken. That compound wasn't in the dictionary I am using so I made a guess based on the two kanji separately.
You're welcome, John.
"右折" is "right turn" and "左折" is "left turn", and "時" is "in case of" or "when something" in this case.
Sorry for an off-topic, but Japanese is difficult language, I think.

Ken@Japan

Old 04-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks to all for the help in breaking the code

Also thanks Wilson66604 for the other link. I doubt those mirrors I ordered have the features of tilting down while in reverse and power folding on ignition off. I think they may be offered as additional mirrors with features since they are posted differently than the turn mirrors (an earlier page in the link shows the turn signal mirrors). However... ya' never know - right?

Let's hope we get lucky and ALL THESE FEATURES are in the mirrors! (ya' . . . sure . . .)

L8R

Old 04-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ken1784
'右折'; is 'right turn' and '左折' is 'left turn', and '時' is 'in case of' or 'when something' in this case.
Sorry for an off-topic, but Japanese is difficult language, I think.
The right turn and left turn compounds are in my dictionary, just not 'in case of/when' turning.
We'll see how badly I do later this year when I will be in Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, and Kyoto over a two week period.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by meerkat
Thanks to all for the help in breaking the code

Also thanks Wilson66604 for the other link. I doubt those mirrors I ordered have the features of tilting down while in reverse and power folding on ignition off. I think they may be offered as additional mirrors with features since they are posted differently than the turn mirrors (an earlier page in the link shows the turn signal mirrors). However... ya' never know - right?

Let's hope we get lucky and ALL THESE FEATURES are in the mirrors! (ya' . . . sure . . .)

L8R
I wonder. After further studying of the webpages, the mirrors with tilt and the mirrors with the fold feature don't look like they have the turn signal. They have a seperate price as well (which is much cheaper than the mirrors w/ turn signals)

I want the tilt AND fold features!!! I wonder what I need to do to get that.
It would be GREAT if the turn signal mirrors have all features!!

Old 04-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Malcontent

I'm sure there's a way to add turn signals to mirrors and I'm sure someone at hidplanet has done it.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

I like the mirrors with the turns embedded in the housing - not on the mirror plate. MUTH mirrors has aftermarket mirrors with the plate turn signals (like the original Ford Explorers started out with). However... they don't offer it for the Japan made TCH. Dunno why.

A seller out there offers that style for the TCH USA for about $190, half the cost of the housing turns. The MUTH site actually gives you installation directions so when mine come it should be easy to wreak havoc on my doors

Even if the turn housings had the tilt/power fold built into them - how would they be cotrolled (unless by some mystical, magical force it was all built in from the factory?). maybe the housings could be swapped with the fold/tilt mechanisms? But then, you'd have about $800 in side mirrors that some knucklehead would scrap into or get knocked off!

So, we wil see . . . .

Old 04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Oh, If interested the MUTH web site is here:

http://www.kwmuth.com/

For the USA Camry (dunno why), the info / retro is here:

http://kwmuth.com/products/kits/220-0270.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Japan Camry Accessories

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands