just had a windshield replaced - a few thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: just had a windshield replaced - a few thoughts

I just discovered that AP technoglass is a subsidiary of Asahi, so its not suprising that the model numbers would be so similar.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I just discovered that AP technoglass is a subsidiary of Asahi, so its not suprising that the model numbers would be so similar.
Thank you all for responses. Based on what all of you have said, it seems like the windshield with the "TOYOTA LAMISAFE M834 AS1 DOT-376" note in the bottom left corner is one used on Kentucky made TCH (at least no one has reported that they have a different note on theirs). The Japanese made TCH have the "DOT 20" note.

So, if any of you have a bad luck of having to have your windshield replaced and get one with the ""TOYOTA LAMISAFE M834 AS1 DOT-376" note , you should be okay as it seems to be an original windshield being put on new Kentucky made TCH.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:02 PM
An Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPL
M8K4 AS1
I believe that all the previous postings with "M3K4" or "MEK4" are in error. That's an '8' not a '3' or an 'E'.

The windshield I had was basically 3 lines on top of each other:

-
-
-

which looked like it could be either E, 8, or 3. Along the same lines, the "DOT" looked more like "UST". So if yours is clearly an 8, it probably is really M8K4 (which makes most sense to me, from other codes I've seen).

-Scott

Old 07-16-2007, 01:03 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

rscott — Mine is also three lines above one the other. My reasoning for why I believe that this is actually a stylized '8' is that only an '8' is symmetrical left-to-right, while neither an 'E' nor a '3' has left-to-right symmetry, and so wouldn't be stencilled on in this way.

Stan