"keyless" unlock -- way to make it unlock all four doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default "keyless" unlock -- way to make it unlock all four doors

Sorry if this has been posted already but I couldn't find it. Is there any way to get it so that when you walk up to the locked TCH with the fob in your pocket and grab the driver door handle that it unlocks all four doors instead of just the driver's door?

Because I regularly drive other people this behaviour is super annoying. I either have to hit the unlock button on the fob a bunch of times as we approach the car (thereby setting off a symphony of beeps) or I wait and when I grab the driver's handle only that door unlocks but the cars beeps so the passengers all think they're good to open their doors but that is not the case.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Camry Freak
Default Re: "keyless" unlock -- way to make it unlock all four doors

Yes, you can change the settings:

Stand outside the driver door (with the car off and the door closed).

Press and hold the lock button and the unlock button on the smart key together for 5 seconds.

The car should beep to let you know that you changed modes. You can repeat this process to go back to the old setting.

I believe that the dash display will also display which setting that you have activated for a few seconds after you change the settings.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have it set that if I touch the door handle, it opens just the driver door. If I hit the unlock button once on the fob, it unlocks all the doors. My rationale is that if I'm with a group of people, I probably won't be the first person to get to the car door and I would like to unlock it before I get there. You can reprogram the car to respond to the fob (with only one button press, rather than two) like that by going to the dealer.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Fantastic -- works just as you said. The wife will be happy this winter, too! Thanks!

Originally Posted by 07CamHybrid
Yes, you can change the settings:

Stand outside the driver door (with the car off and the door closed).

Press and hold the lock button and the unlock button on the smart key together for 5 seconds.

The car should beep to let you know that you changed modes. You can repeat this process to go back to the old setting.

I believe that the dash display will also display which setting that you have activated for a few seconds after you change the settings.