Lines on Dash - Passenger Side - Airbag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Lines on Dash - Passenger Side - Airbag?

Do any of you have these faint lines on the dash? I'm wondering if that is where the airbag deploys or is it a manufacturing issue.... They kind of form a large hexgaon/polygon.....

Old 09-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lines on Dash - Passenger Side - Airbag?

I haven't noticed that, but I haven't really looked. It does look like the thin areas that weaken the dash so it can deploy properly.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:38 PM
it's just a car...

No defect -- the cris-cross "XXXXX" pattern on the underside weakens the plastic so the airbag can deploy -- more visible under different light conditions.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow - get in an accident - even a minor one and you have to replace the whole dash board....of course your life is more an important than a dash board!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, the cross should be there. No, you should not be able to see it. This is a defect, and one that the OEM would be complaining to their supplier of the instrument panel (dash) about.

I have an area of white powder, about 1/4" diameter, that keeps appearing on the passenger side dash. It is referred to as "blooming" in the polymer world. Does anyone else have this issue?

Old 10-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCFlyer
Wow - get in an accident - even a minor one and you have to replace the whole dash board....of course your life is more an important than a dash board!!!
Odds are that if the airbags deploy the vehicle will be totaled anyway - replacing airbags with OEM parts is VERY expensive. I had an accident a number of yearrs ago where the bags in the Toyota van I was driving deployed. When I spoke with the adjuster he claimed that in the 7 years he had been doing claims he had yet to see an instance where the bags deployed and the vehicle was not declared a total loss by the insurance company (American Family in this case).

Scott

Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Enthusiast deluxe

Originally Posted by misbe
Yes, the cross should be there. No, you should not be able to see it. This is a defect, and one that the OEM would be complaining to their supplier of the instrument panel (dash) about.

I have an area of white powder, about 1/4" diameter, that keeps appearing on the passenger side dash. It is referred to as "blooming" in the polymer world. Does anyone else have this issue?
Hey MISBE do you have a picture of this???

Old 11-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, no. I cleaned it up, but I expect it will come back again. When it does, I'll post a picture.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:15 PM

My car, when brand new had no sign of any dashboard cuts at all, now I can see them on passenger side and little bit on the steering wheel. I would speculate summer heat made plastic softer and sink a little where cuts are made. I don't think I will be trying to replace it under warranty either, as it doesn't bother me at all, but I agree it shouldn't be so visible.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:37 PM

RCFlyer: Have you taken this in yet? My friend has airbag lines showing and I was wondering if the dealership did anything.

Quick Reply: Lines on Dash - Passenger Side - Airbag?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands