Little "presents" on Nav map screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs down Little "presents" on Nav map screen

OK I have looked everywhere and while in the "Nav" mode there are what I would describe as a symbol which appears to be a little present with a bow on top or something simular.

I can not find a meaning for the icon anywhere and at some locations I have upwards to 4 of these symbols.

Anyone know what they stand for, I have cleared my screen and it does not reveal anything as for icons etc.

When I press on the symbol all I get is an address which corresponds to the location where the symbol is

Thanks

Tim

Old 08-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Little "presents" on Nav map screen

Originally Posted by tharvey
OK I have looked everywhere and while in the "Nav" mode there are what I would describe as a symbol which appears to be a little present with a bow on top or something simular.

I can not find a meaning for the icon anywhere and at some locations I have upwards to 4 of these symbols.

Anyone know what they stand for, I have cleared my screen and it does not reveal anything as for icons etc.

When I press on the symbol all I get is an address which corresponds to the location where the symbol is

Thanks

Tim
Yes, I've noticed those too. Specifically around shopping centers/malls. I think that's what the "present" (box with now) is meant to be. It is a not a regualt icon, but rather "built-in" the map, similar to parks.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

I thought of that but I have them where there is nothing but houses, any one else have any ideas

Old 08-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes, they denote shopping/gift centers.

If you poke around the POI lists and options I think there is help on the topic. Possibly use the display POI selection screen and then help. That could be wrong because I haven't played in there forever.