logging in

Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default logging in

I had to log in to access the Camry Hybrid forum. I just wanted see if there were any new posts to read since I last viewed the page. I had nothing to post or reply too so was surprised I had to log in to just read old posts. Is this something new? Rick

Old 01-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: logging in

Apparently so, as I had to do the same.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

You know I had to log in to see your reply and then had to relog in again, twice, the go advanced to post a reply. What a PITA. Guess this site won't be as busy as it used to be, Rick

Old 01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rickkop
You know I had to log in to see your reply and then had to relog in again, twice, the go advanced to post a reply. What a PITA. Guess this site won't be as busy as it used to be, Rick
Same thing for me too. No access unless logged in.

Don't come around here very often these days but I'm thinking it'll be even less if this is the new normal.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes it is a PITA, not user friendly. Too bad this used to be a very nice site. I do still appreciate the help from everyone.
Thanks for the help from those of you who go through the additional steps now to enter this site.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Administrator

the toyota subforum has been bombarded by spammers all over. if logging in is a pita, then it is also a pita for spammers everywhere. after altering the forum settings, spammers were stopped totally.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
the toyota subforum has been bombarded by spammers all over. if logging in is a pita, then it is also a pita for spammers everywhere. after altering the forum settings, spammers were stopped totally.
Then I guess in a way the spammers win.

I don't frequent places that are pita to get to.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Enthusiast

ok really now... is it that hard? Just put your login information in and password, check the 'remember me" checkbox, and have your browser remember your password when it offers to. then you can visit this forum any ole time without having to log in manually ever again. It's kinda like that CVT in the Camry, its automatic and it just works!

Old 01-13-2011, 02:15 PM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08

Originally Posted by evois
Is this permanent or just until the spammers move on? i.e. are you actively checking or just "set and forget"?

Old 01-14-2011, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jpezz
Is this permanent or just until the spammers move on? i.e. are you actively checking or just "set and forget"?
just do what phantomiii suggested....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: logging in

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands