Looks like forum is posting ads as a forum sticky post

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Looks like forum is posting ads as a forum sticky post

There's a new sticky post here that's just an ad for tires
I don't mind ads placed on the side or the top, since you know they're ads, but if they posts ads in the forum for the highest bidder, I'll find another forum.
The forum is nothing without the content of its members. I've not seen that in forums and want nothing to do with it.

This post is an advertiser-sponsored message brought to you by PostRelease® Green Hybrid is a network partnet and has authorized PostRelease to insert these posts. Green Hybrid receives ad fees for each inserted sponsored post. Each message is screened to ensure it provides relevant content and adds value to the community. Thank you for supporting Green Hybrid and allowing us to be a part of your community.

Last edited by haroldo; 11-01-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Looks like forum is posting ads as a forum sticky post

Larry,

Ever since this site was sold, this type of crap keeps happening more often. Very little (if any) help with the spammers, advertising space sold and most of the "old-timers" leaving due to those (and other) reasons. I used to be a LOT more active in the other areas here but gave up trying to reason with people who got their panties in a wad because I didn't agree with them.

I stay around the Camry forum to try and help with technical issues but other than that, I never come on this site anymore.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 PM

Thruth of the matter is, unlike computers, which require assistance, this is basically a car. It's got a different power system, but after that, it's four wheels, four doors and a horn. Pretty much like all the other ones out there. I don't come here as often, either. The sticky might get me to remove my bookmark and not return.

Last edited by haroldo; 11-02-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 AM

Take care folks, it was fun.

...last one out of here remember to turn the light off when you leave.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Enthusiast

Is there another forum that's better?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Acee
Is there another forum that's better?

That IS the question !

Part of the answer, I think, is that "better" would need to be preceded by "as good as" (this one, that is).

"As good as," at a minimum, I suggest, would require participation of most of the serious regular contributors here.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Larry,

I hate to see you go but I do understand. Take care friend.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:52 AM
Administrator

since I am a supermod in another forum as well as here, it is just "normal" to have some ads from sponsors to support the site(owned by internet brands). website like this will not exist without its members=true, as well as sponsorship unless funded by the site owner out of pocket. btw, I try to remove as much spam as possible and the site has installed some spambot software that is why the spam has lessened somewhat than before. pm me if you guys have any suggestions.

I am a supermod at evom, a purely driver's enthusiast site and just happened to buy a hybrid hence this "new" position.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Enthusiast

I agree with Larry. It is one thing to have ads on the top or in the border where they are clearly ads. It is something completely different to have them pseudo disguised as normal posts (sticky posts at that).

I think I would like to move on also, but to repeat the question posted earlier, where?
I have enjoyed being being part of this forum, and will continue for now. But unless the sticky ad disguised as a post goes away, I will probably leave also.

Haroldo, if you find another place better than here, plz let us know, goes for anyone else too... Thanks to all...

Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 AM

Personally, I think the advertiser is not getting as much exposure as they would if they placed a banner ad. Banner ads take up more "real estate" and are able to present more info without requiring the potential customer to click on it. So as I see it, the sticky post as ad is a failed approach. If we just don't click on it, they will see that it doesn't work. I will not click on any sticky (or any other post for that matter) that looks anything like an ad.

Why should we let them drive us away from this great forum?

Quick Reply: Looks like forum is posting ads as a forum sticky post

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands