low tire pressure sign?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: low tire pressure sign?

My money is on a nail in the tire. I have had the same problem. Your local service station and the attendant with a spray bottle of soapy water,,,,will find it in no time. Also an easy repair. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Enthusiast

Don't forget to check the spare, I have had 4 cars with the lite comming on in a year or two and it has always been the spare low. it is one thing that gets overlooked til you have a flat and need it.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default low tire pressure sign due to leakage?

Yesterday, I went to the toyota dealer shop and had my tire checked and minor service done. MINOR SERVICE is oil change, tire rotation and multi point check. They said the slow leak was due a nail they found.

I had flier offer of MINOR SERVICE for $29 i received from them in mail.I wanted to use that and pay the $29 with my voucher. but they said I can't use the coupon and voucher together. since My voucher is expiring in few months, I wanted to use the voucher and they wanted to charge me full $60 regular price for using Voucher so I used $60 voucher to pay for the minor service.
For the tire patch, they wanted to charge me $40, i used $30 worth of voucher and paid the $10 with my card.
I complained about the rip off price of $40 for patch but the guy said I can go somewhere else then.

I had $90 worth of vouchers and all were used for MINOR SERVICE and PATCH.

If my voucher were not expiring mid this year, I would have just paid $29 by card for mINOR SERVICE and go somewhere else for tire patch.
The guy comes half an hour later and says you need ALIGNMENT DONE and some drainage done , cost was about $400 for those 2, i said NO, i didn't ask and I certainly don't need these for my car.
typical car repair shop cheating! I saw them saying similar things to other people waiting at the customer waiting room.

The 6 vouchers worth $15 each, were sent to me by the specific dealer after some kind of class action lawsuit settlement filed by other customers of this dealer.

in the end, i know i got ripped off for paying $100 in total, $90 voucher and $10 with my card just for MINOR SERVICE and TIRE PATCH.
But since I have been holding on to these vouchers for long time and are set to expire in just few months, It was better for me than paying $30 for minor service by my credit card and $20 for tire patch at another place.
I don't trust the dealer shops that much and always hope and pray that they don't intentionally cause damage with the engine parts for me to come later at their place for bigger repair.
I will wait and see if they have actually patched my tire, i hope i dont see another slow leak from the same tire in coming days

Last edited by jimmy1; 01-20-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 AM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08

Five year old tires, no matter what the mileage, may be due for a change.

I replaced a tire (after damaging a fairly new one) at Sam's. That was 40K miles ago. I bought 2 new tires a few months ago at my local mechanic. His price was a little higher than I could have gotten via mailorder but still pretty reasonable and he often checks or fixes minor things at no charge.

I never rotate tires unless it is free. It is not worth the expense. The rotation cost almost always overrides the wear advantages of rotation.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpezz
I never rotate tires unless it is free. It is not worth the expense. The rotation cost almost always overrides the wear advantages of rotation.
I bought a lifetime tire rotation from Walmart when my 09 TCH was new for a little over $7 per tire. So far I have over 30k miles on the car and have rotated every 5k miles after I change the oil. To me it is worth the extra $7 per tire to postpone replacing the tires. The factory Michelins should go 50k to 60k miles or the 6 year limit before needing replacing.

My next set will come from Costco so the rotation is part of the cost of the tires.

Last edited by KenSoren; 01-30-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:54 PM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08

Originally Posted by KenSoren
I bought a lifetime tire rotation from Walmart when my 09 TCH was new for a little over $7 per tire. So far I have over 30k miles on the car and have rotated every 5k miles after I change the oil. To me it is worth the extra $7 per tire to postpone replacing the tires. The factory Michelins should go 50k to 60k miles or the 6 year limit before needing replacing.
My next set will come from Costco so the rotation is part of the cost of the tires.
My front tires lasted 50K+ and would still pass inspection. The original rear one along with the one replacing the damaged one look just fine at 60K. I would have bought the new tires at Sams (no Costco here) as I did the one purchased early but they did not have the good ones recommended by Consumer Reports. The free rotation would have been a good deal. As I said, paying extra for rotation to me is not economical.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpezz
Five year old tires, no matter what the mileage, may be due for a change.

I replaced a tire (after damaging a fairly new one) at Sam's. That was 40K miles ago. I bought 2 new tires a few months ago at my local mechanic. His price was a little higher than I could have gotten via mailorder but still pretty reasonable and he often checks or fixes minor things at no charge.

you maybe right, my tires are over 5 year and 5 months old and may need new tires but tires are expensive everywhere and the dealer is worst. they advertise buy 3 get one deal but after checking the total cost for 3 tires and tax and installation fees, their price is still over $200 more than what it would cost for four tires plus tax and fees at sites like discount tire and other sites.
RIP OFF everywhere!
any good tires that i can get for about $400 for four and installation included? buy myself if there is any deal and put the tire myself? can it be done by myself?

Last edited by jimmy1; 01-30-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KenSoren

rotation includes the tire repair from nails?

Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Pragmatist

Originally Posted by jimmy1
any good tires that i can get for about $400 for four and installation included? buy myself if there is any deal and put the tire myself? can it be done by myself?
Don't be silly.

These cars require "low rolling resistance" tires. The tires make a big part of your fuel efficiency. There is lots of information on tires, already, on this forum. Use the "search this forum" tool on this web site to find the "tires" threads.

It is possible to do the installation yourself, if you happen to be a tire mechanic. It takes a few thousand dollars worth of special tools. Much cheaper to pay a shop.

When you buy cheap, you almost always buy twice, and it costs you more than it would have cost to get the better quality the first time.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast

Total hype! bought a set of cooper tires from Discount tire and never lost any milage still over 40MPG! Lasted just as long as the free rolling michlins lol! Don't be afraid to run these at 35-40 lbs.

Quick Reply: low tire pressure sign?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands