Magnaflow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Magnaflow Exhaust

This is probably a very uncommon thing. But I am looking to either remove the resonator or put a Magnaflow Exhaust system on or maybe both. But my main concern's are, I don't want a ricer car which is why I am going with the Magnaflow. Has anyone tried removing just the resonator? Is that a good idea. Can this damage the hybrid system and void the warranty?

I am looking to give a better deeper sound and possibly give a tiny bit better MPG. And If I did the magnaflow without removing the resonator would it even make a difference in loudness and sound vs. stock?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Professional Hacker
Default Re: Magnaflow Exhaust

Honestly, I think it will end up just sounding silly. And I would think that you will end up loosing some MPG. We don't have a normal 4-Stroke engine. It's an Atkinsons Cycle (power stroke that is longer than the compression stroke). You might want to search a bit for results of cat-back systems.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wouldn't the louder muffler noise be annoying since you wouldn't hear it if the ICE isn't running? The noise would be cutting off and on as the ICE cuts off and on. I just want to add a second muffler to mind to simulate dual exhaust but dealer wants $250 for the stock driver's side muffler and another $60 for the chrome tip. Guess I'll have to wait.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast

This doesn't sound safe but it's listed to work with it, it's a Jet Chip performance programmer? If I opted to go with this, can the computer be reverted back to normal?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...QJ2067029.html