Maintenance/ Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Maintenance/ Service Manual

Does anyone have an electronic copy of the service manual for the TCH's?

Old 06-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Maintenance/ Service Manual

I just ordered the 2007 maint. manual from an ebay member. I had bid on it but didnt pay attention and loss the bid. I emailed him and he put another bid on ebay at buy it now price which I jumped on. He will probly do the same for you. I cant vouch for the quality of the disk as it was shipped yesterday. If you want to wait untill I view it I will let let you know. Here is the link for his email.
mailto:avery23@gmail.com

Old 06-20-2007, 10:42 AM
HSD Organic Interface

I paid my $3 + S/H on EBay before realizing these manuals are available for download:

These are ISO images (for burning CDs). Don't try this unless you have high speed (or have dial up and hate getting phones calls over the next week or two).

2007 Camry Manual
http://www.camrymanuals.com/index.ph...12#article_112 (They have both regular and hybrid manuals for download)

2007 Camry Hybrid Manual
http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=40e950d

The megashares site is particularly hard to figure out what to do, ignore all the ads, all the BS about passports and codes, just click the "Click Here to Download" link. It appears roughly in the middle of all the crap. I believe the purpose of their site is to make it confusing enough that you have to spend a lot of time looking around, and thus hopefully looking at their ads. But it seems to be a reliable download site. I picked up my 2004 Sienna manual from this site.

Last edited by Droid13; 06-20-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Enthusiast

went to your links and by the time you figure it out $20.00 for a disk is worth it.I know you mean well but holy cow these sites are a mess. Arn't you afarid of what else they might download in your computer?

Old 06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Droid13

2007 Camry Hybrid Manual
http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=40e950d

The megashares site is particularly hard to figure out what to do, ignore all the ads, all the BS about passports and codes, just click the "Click Here to Download" link. It appears roughly in the middle of all the crap. I believe the purpose of their site is to make it confusing enough that you have to spend a lot of time looking around, and thus hopefully looking at their ads. But it seems to be a reliable download site. I picked up my 2004 Sienna manual from this site.
Went to the megashares site had no problems finding the "download button" took the best part of an hour to do the download.

Scanned for viruses none found.

Thanks.
Steve

Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by mista
went to your links and by the time you figure it out $20.00 for a disk is worth it.I know you mean well but holy cow these sites are a mess. Arn't you afarid of what else they might download in your computer?
I believe these are clean downloads. I support a network of users in 7 countries on 3 continents and their anti-virus software keeps me informed of all the shananigans they get into, so I'm pretty used to what is likely safe and what isn't just by a quick look, although anything you download should be scanned too just to be sure. Certainly don't take my word for it.

The CamryManuals web site seems reasonably well laid out. The download link for the Hybrid manual is just a RAR file, which is like a ZIP file (a file containing one or more other files in a compressed library). You need an unRAR pkg like WinRAR to open up the ISO file inside (ISO files are CD images that you can burn CDs from, there are also ISO extractor utilities available that can mount an ISO file and make it appear as a virtual CD drive on your computer). RAR is very popular in Europe and Asia but not as much as ZIP files are in North America. The MegaShare site lets you download an ISO file directly, if you can find the **** download link.

Just another word of warning, a lot of anti-virus software do not scan too deeply into large library files like ZIP, RAR, and ISO. Files of these types bigger than a certain size or with over a set number of contained files, or with password protection are automatically skipped by anti-virus software in their default configuration, because their performance would suck so very badly if they didn't skip these files (and most viruses are not distributed in 100MB files, not very efficient way to spread). If these ZIP or RAR files are password protected but a password is publicly available with it, that is a danger sign. Otherwise, these files are very likely safe to unzip, unrar, or burn to CDs before scanning using popular programs like WinZip, WinRAR, or Nero, but once the files are unpacked or burned, then they should be scanned (your anti-virus will likely scan the extracted files from ZIPs and RARs while they are unpacking, but the burned CD files probably won't be).

Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

The ISO I downloaded from Megashares. That ISO is corrupt, and since I don't have a Windows machine (I'm a Unix Systems Engineer) I'm having issues with the iso/rar from the CamryManual site.

Is there a "normal" iso or tarball or zip or similar file available of the manual?

Old 06-21-2007, 02:39 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Yea, all the root folder files that contain the table of content web pages no worky. But all the manual's PDF files in the folders look ok. This looks to be the same manual I got off of EBay. I've attached the htm files from the root folder here if you want to try some reconstructive surgery.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
htmfiles.zip (73.1 KB, 41 views)
Old 06-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Enthusiast

The problem with Megashares is that it will only let you download 200 mb out of the 250 mb file at a time, unless you pay an extra $25. I'm guessing the original poster who uploaded it gets a piece of the pie, as he will not upload it to any other site. If you only get 200 mb, not only are the html files not there, but some of the .PDF's are corrupt, as well.

I ended up getting mine from camrymanuals.com He's very helpful, and even sent me a link to download it before he put it on the web site. He runs the site for free, so hit his Paypal tip jar before you leave. The file comes in as a .rar, just unrar it, burn the ISO and it works!. I haven't yet been successful getting it to run from the hard drive, though.

Good Luck!

Snedecor