Making MP3/WMA CD's... Best Application?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Professional Hacker
Question Making MP3/WMA CD's... Best Application?

Okay, I picked up my Camry today. (Yay!) The most obvious thing for me to do first is get my tunes into it. I have my iPhone and iPod, but I'm going to wait for the kit that supports charging the iPhone... So, MP3/WMA CD's..

I'm a Mac user. (Don't go there, I'm an IT manager and I HATE having to fix my own stuff, so I keep it simple at home) Anyway, I have a Windows box too. My whole library is in AAC format, so I will obviously have to convert it all.

My question: What is the best application (Mac or Windows) to make MP3/WMA CD's? I don't really want to do it all manually. So I was hoping that there is something out that that will automaticly build a file structure and maybe even convert the songs to the prefered format.

So? Whatdoyathink?

Thanks

Dave

Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Making MP3/WMA CD's... Best Application?

Never used it, but found these at Google.
I'm going to wait for the kit that supports charging the iPhone
You do know you can plug the iPod into the AUX jack and use an iPod car charger, so you don't really have to wait, the car as it's set up can do what you want it to do.
Plug both in the center forward compartment, pop out the side cover and you can keep the door to the compartment closed and have the just the wires come out from the side.

Hey, don't apologize for Mac.
I switched three years ago and found that I have a lot more free time on my hands.

Last edited by haroldo; 07-22-2008 at 04:04 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have used iTunes to do it and it works well but it will not work for all songs. DRM will hassle the process in iTunes.
I use my ipod with the Aux jack but its not great, wish they had a better standard jack that worked with the factory unit.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

If your AAC files are protected then you will have to burn a standard audio CD, rip it back unprotected MP3. Otherwise iTunes will convert (there is a context menu item that does it) but only one song at a time!

Frankly, I hate the DRMed formats since I want to play music everywhere. When I have purchased DRM tracks (iTunes and elsewhere) the first thing I do is burn to CD and rip them back to MP3. I think if I buy any more online music, it will be from Amazon.com.

Anyway, once they are in MP3 format, iTunes does a fine job of creating CDs for your car.

(I'm also on a Mac.)

Old 07-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Professional Hacker

Yes, I know I can use my iPod via the AUX jack. But I don't want to look at my iPod all the time.

I am waiting for the SoundLinq2 to be updated for the iPhone 3G. (Current one doesn't charge the iPhone 3G)

As for iTunes, it's pretty limited in how it can burn an MP3 CD. I was hoping to have an application that would burn a CD with folders and sorting the music.. Like each artist in it's own folder. I think Windows Media Player can do it, but I haven't had time to import my whole library into it.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

I agree, i just want to plug it in and not see or touch it.

I think actually you might be able to use the finder to burn data (mp3) cds with folders.
I will give this a try this afternoon.