Memory Recall for Driver's Seat & Rear View Mirrors Via Smart Key?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Enthusiast
Question Memory Recall for Driver's Seat & Rear View Mirrors Via Smart Key?

As discussed in other threads, one of the features that I wish the TCH has is a driver seat memory recall. However, on page 38 of the owner's manual, it states that the function that recalls the driver's seat and side view mirrors can be disabled on the smart key system.

If the function can be disabled, then it should we should be able to set the memory for each smart key, right? Is this just a misprint or has anyone had success with this? If so, how do you program the smart key for this function?

Old 06-24-2006, 06:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Memory Recall for Driver's Seat & Rear View Mirrors Via Smart Key?

Good observation. I saw this too and went to the dealer a couple of weeks ago to see if they could "turn on the memory seats". After talking to several people that had not idea, I finally talked to a service manager who said that the car must have memory seats first. You know this if there are two numbered buttons on the drivers side arm rest. Of course, this isn't an option on the THC, so we concluded that owner's manual editors forgot to delete this paragraph.
My wish is that this guy was wrong and there is a hidden, undocumented feature on our great cars, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Enthusiast

Hi,

I got my TCH last week, and have been perplexed trying to find how to set the memory seats (like the above posts). Has anyone determined if seat/mirror memory actually exists on these cars?

Thanks

Mike

Old 02-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikec442
Hi,

I got my TCH last week, and have been perplexed trying to find how to set the memory seats (like the above posts). Has anyone determined if seat/mirror memory actually exists on these cars?

Thanks

Mike
The memory doesn't exist on the TCH. Nor does voice command for the HVAC system.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
The memory doesn't exist on the TCH. Nor does voice command for the HVAC system.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. It also explains why the car didn't understand when I said "73 degrees"

-Mike

Old 02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Enthusiast

Did anyone notice the notice the noise that comes from the steering column when you turn the vehicle off? It sounds like something is resting, or going back to the original location. My parents have an IS250 and the steering wheel and set go back to the preset locations. I wonder if this function isn't part of the THC, but part of the electronics have been removed.

Anyone know what this noise is on the THC?

Old 02-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobbywalnuts
Did anyone notice the notice the noise that comes from the steering column when you turn the vehicle off? It sounds like something is resting, or going back to the original location. My parents have an IS250 and the steering wheel and set go back to the preset locations. I wonder if this function isn't part of the THC, but part of the electronics have been removed.

Anyone know what this noise is on the THC?
I imgine what we hear is the "ign" steering wheel lock, as there is no manual key to turn off and lock the steering wheel.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

I guess that would make sense. . . darn. . I was really hoping.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

it probably wouldn't cost Toyota anything to add the memory seat feature, they need to keep some features exclusive for the pricier Lexus models

Old 02-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by jeffeynboo
As discussed in other threads, one of the features that I wish the TCH has is a driver seat memory recall. However, on page 38 of the owner's manual, it states that the function that recalls the driver's seat and side view mirrors can be disabled on the smart key system.

If the function can be disabled, then it should we should be able to set the memory for each smart key, right? Is this just a misprint or has anyone had success with this? If so, how do you program the smart key for this function?
SmartKey has been available on Lexus automobiles for years. The descriptions in the convention and hybrid Camry's owner's guide have been transplanted in part from the Lexus guide with some sections not properly deleted. Just poor editing. Just like the voice commands imported from the Prius and not deleting the heating/ac voice commands.

Quick Reply: Memory Recall for Driver's Seat & Rear View Mirrors Via Smart Key?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands