Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade

Jimmy, gone 18 months and you are still here when I log back in. Like you I also put the Michelin Energy tires on the Camry and need to replace them soon although they have run over 63,000 miles. The car has around 103,000 now and as soon as I have time to put it on the rack, the water pump will be replaced and coolant changed for the engine as well as the hybrid cooling system.

Any new developments on a good tire to replace these with?

Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
Jimmy, gone 18 months and you are still here when I log back in. Like you I also put the Michelin Energy tires on the Camry and need to replace them soon although they have run over 63,000 miles. The car has around 103,000 now and as soon as I have time to put it on the rack, the water pump will be replaced and coolant changed for the engine as well as the hybrid cooling system.

Any new developments on a good tire to replace these with?
Your saving lots of money by doing the water pump repair. I read somewhere that someone bought a new water pump from NAPA for like $85.

I use the tirerack site with their survey charts and customer reviews to locate the mxv4 primacy tires for my new '12 TCH. They do make the primacy that fits the '07 to '11 TCH. The V rated tires may be oem with the 9/32 tread. The heavier built H rated tires is a little lower priced and has a 11/32 tread. I use tirerack and discount tires to find the better tires.