Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   moon roof deflector and side window visors - what purpose? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/moon-roof-deflector-side-window-visors-what-purpose-10571/)

leepark 10-18-2006 10:47 AM

moon roof deflector and side window visors - what purpose?

For those of you who have the moon roof deflector and/or side window visors - Why do you have them? Do they have any real purpose?

Loonbeam 10-18-2006 11:01 AM

Re: moon roof deflector and side window visors - what purpose?

As far as I know the moon roof deflector was never made available and will not be. Shame, we put one on the wife's Jetta, it really helps with wind noise.

Orcrone 10-18-2006 11:21 AM

Moon Roof Deflector - Keeps your car from being hit by moon roofs.;)

UTAlumnus 10-18-2006 06:27 PM

I put the side window deflectors on my last truck. The main use I had for them was to allow the windows to be slightly open if the day starts sunny and it not rain in if it rains later.

Ian 10-19-2006 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by UTAlumnus
I put the side window deflectors on my last truck. The main use I had for them was to allow the windows to be slightly open if the day starts sunny and it not rain in if it rains later.

do those window deflectors reduce wind noise significantly?

UTAlumnus 10-19-2006 07:38 PM

I can't recall one way or the other. They've been on the truck for the better part of ten years. While going down the road, it was usually windows all the way up or all the way down.