More Driving Impressions / Photos WANTED!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Enthusiast
Default More Driving Impressions / Photos WANTED!

Can the people who are lucky early owners post more photos and driving impressions? Please!

Seems like they've disappeared off the forum after getting their new cars...

The rest of us are patiently waiting for ours, help us out.

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:16 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: More Driving Impressions / Photos WANTED!

Link to some pics:
http://tkjunkmail.googlepages.com/newcar

Old 05-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: More Driving Impressions / Photos WANTED!

After five days and 301 miles:

I love this car much more than I ever expected. I'm "downsizing" from two cars to one. Former cars were Insight (hybrid) and Lexus SC430. My goal was to get one car that would give me enough luxury plus economy.

The Camry is a SOLID car. It feels solid and BIG. No rattles or vibrations on any surface. The quietness is amazing, and I still haven't gotten used to selecting a gear and "gliding" away. The only time you'll be aware it has a four-cylinder motor is under heavy acceleration, but the sound and noise level are still unobtrusive, and power is excellent.

This car is feature-rich. I got it fully-equipped, but am amazed that everything that's on my Lexus is also on the Camry, and then some more. The Bluetooth phone works great, the iPod connector works great (sorry, no NAV screen interface), and the smart key is a very handy reminder that we're in the new millenium. So much on the car can be programmed for personal user preferences.

Steering is light and precise/direct. Brakes are smooth and well-modulated. Handling is what you'd expect from a family sedan, or slightly better. Seats are very comfortable, and visibility is good (I have the driver's seat raised to its highest point). There is nothing offensive or less-than-you'd-expect on this car.

My average mileage so far, as noted on another post, is 37.5. In fairness, this figure could be easily beaten, but I have been driving with a passenger, and not wanting to appear too sloth-like. When alone, I can effortlessly squeeze out another 5 MPG. In case you didn't notice on my other post, I was very excited today when I had a chance to do some city driving, and did about 11 minutes (4 miles) at 80+ MPG, running between stop signs at 35 to 45 MPH.

Having come from the world of Honda hybrids, the Toyota driving techniques are all new to me. I found in the city that my best option, if traffic permitted, was to accelerate at a snail's pace on 100% pure battery juice, avoiding using gas. If the traffic was heavy, then I accelerated quickly to cruising speed, then took my foot off the pedal for a second until the instant mileage gauge indicated 60+ (battery), and then lightly resumed pedal pressure to cruise. My apologies to Prius hypermilers who know superior techniques and terminology... I come from Camrys-for-dummies.

Regardless of features, mileage, etc., the real test for me about whether this car was the right choice is the "grin factor." I keep looking for reasons to run errands, and the added miles I'm putting on this car will probably offset any savings I'll have from its fuel efficiency!

Today, I pulled alongside an IDENTICAL newly-purchased '07 Camry Hybrid, and was ready to honk my horn and wave, until I noticed the driver was probably 85 years old and seemed totally oblivious to other drivers. Well, even though I missed my first "bonding moment," at least she still had good taste.

Old 05-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Enthusiast

Cool. Thanks for posting, Steve.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:31 AM
Arrow Re: More Driving Impressions / Photos WANTED!

New pics added here:

http://www.stevenvillatoro.com/page30/page30.html

Old 05-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

Congratulations on the sweet new ride Steve. You can take a look at my post in the 'intros' forum to see what I've done to the Insight so far. I'm loving every minute. Thanks again.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:27 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing the great detailed descriptions and gorgeous pictures! The pictures looked like a marketing brochure and almost made me change my color choice (I'm waiting for Desert Sand - boring but keeps the heat out, looks good over the years, and easy to keep clean.) Anyway, I'm living vicariously through posts like yours during this interminable wait for a car. Can't wait to have my own on-road "bonding experience" with a fellow traveller.

Too bad about the lack of Ipod integration with the Nav screen.

Did you stick with the default key fob programming or did you have your dealer make any changes? (pdf on this from TundraSolutions for small cost).

Thanks again.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wife and I took ownership of a TCH last Wed and have about 360 miles on it so far. I like it so far but the DVD nav system doesn't work all that well, the routes it takes you on are pretty poor...but it will get you there.

Ours is Super White with leather, heated seats, power everything, DVD Nav...I believe they call it package CF at the dealership. Like everyone else we paid sticker.

I hope to have some photos in the coming days as the weather is finally clearing up here in central PA.

John

Old 05-23-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by anniemfuse
Thanks for sharing the great detailed descriptions and gorgeous pictures! The pictures looked like a marketing brochure and almost made me change my color choice (I'm waiting for Desert Sand - boring but keeps the heat out, looks good over the years, and easy to keep clean.) Anyway, I'm living vicariously through posts like yours during this interminable wait for a car. Can't wait to have my own on-road "bonding experience" with a fellow traveller.

Too bad about the lack of Ipod integration with the Nav screen.

Did you stick with the default key fob programming or did you have your dealer make any changes? (pdf on this from TundraSolutions for small cost).

Thanks again.
What do you mean by the default programming?

Old 05-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Enthusiast

What do you mean by the default programming?

see http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...b-programming/

You can have the dealer change the default system settings, such as open door warning, panic alarm function, open drivers door only or all doors with one press of button, brightness ranges on dash, light off delay time, etc. Much is known about this for the Prius; I guess the 2007 Camry knowledge will follow.

Quick Reply: More Driving Impressions / Photos WANTED!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands