Motorola K1m Upload Contacts

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default Motorola K1m Upload Contacts

On Toyota's web site:
http://www.toyota.letstalk.com./bran...11&passedPaIds=

They say you can't upload your Contacts from a Motorola K1m. Am I glad I never looked at their website, because I was able to do this.

However, I needed to install the most up to date software on the phone.
Currently 24.1_01.19.09

Once I did this, under 'Contacts' > Options, number 7 is 'Send Name Card' If you select that, there is an 'Add' button, which you can then 'Add Multiple' This then allows the phone to send its phonebook via BlueTooth to the Camry.

For the car, you needed to be at the setting to acquire a phonebook entry from a bluetooth device.

Got to say this whole thing was very convoluted with how this was done. My Tom Tom asked me if I wanted to download the phone book. I said yes and it was done. Toyota should really take their Navigation Clues from a company like Tom Tom. Thought not perfect, their interface is much clearer, easier to use and understand, more pleasing with the choice of colors.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Motorola K1m Upload Contacts

Good for you...a couple of questions.....what year Camry and NAV or No NAV.

Second...who is your carrier? I think Verizon's dumming down of the Motorola interface in effect makes your success not available to me. I'd checked this out along while back at one of the cell phone forums....can't even remember which. I can't see my version software on the K1M...so again...it may be Motorola for you...but Verizon problem for me and others. Thanks

Old 06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Motorola K1m Upload Contacts

2008 Camry with Nav.
Verizon is my Carrier. The main issue in uploading the phone-book was that the phone originally couldn't do it until I installed the most up to date software on it. Then I had the option to do so.

It was kind of funny story too. I revamped my phone since I wanted to change one of the ringtones to vibe then ring. The phone doesn't have that option, but adding a silent period to the mp3 does it. While I was messing around with the phone, I upgraded the software, and copied over the new mp3 I modified. Went to the car and was able to upload no problem.

The next day I tried my wifes phone, and spent an hour or more, trying to figure out what I had succesfully done the day before. Same exact phone, and I couldn't do it. Forgetting that when I upgraded my ringtone I had also upgraded the software on the phone.

Anyway, regardless of what Toyota's site says, I did it.