My 800 mile tank, 55 mpg for Dec '12

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default My 800 mile tank, 55 mpg for Dec '12

Here is a link to pictures of my instrument panel and telling how I get these high mpg figures.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10..._dec-12-a.html

Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: My 800 mile tank, 55 mpg for Dec '12

Jimmy,

You forgot to add the pictures showing the big hook and cable that you attach to 18 wheelers as they go by......

Old 12-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My 800 mile tank, 55 mpg for Dec '12

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
Jimmy,

You forgot to add the pictures showing the big hook and cable that you attach to 18 wheelers as they go by......
Someday's I have thoughts of a in a built in the roof high efficiency solar panel with a electric motor driving a propeller up top to propel my car along. lol

I often wonder why the hybrid makers don't include a drive motor behind each front wheel and have a all electric car running on nothing but high efficient batteries. No transmission or engine weight to worry with. The highly efficient electric motor with the super strong magnets has been around from the early 90's.

Not sure if you remember the Dale Sports car. A 3 wheel car driven by a single rear wheel. Any repairs they simply dropped the small engine wheel assembly out and installed a loaner till your engine was fixed that same day. The company left it's so called headquarters in California and appeared in a nice office building located on north LBJ freeway in Dallas. I left work to go meet Mrs. Carmichael as the daily talk shows had been talking about this revolutionary car on the radio. A guy at work gave me one of their sales brochures showing how the car worked and future models that would be offered later. The car could turn a tighter circle then any car made. It was light weight and could get 70 mpg is what caught my eye. I never though how loud the 2-cylinder engine would be in the back if it were not super insulated from the cabin.

I remember she was on a live Dallas talk radio station one night with many interested callers asking all about the car. I actually shook hands with her and she was all dressed up. It felt kind of strange when she stood up from behind her desk with her being over 6 foot tall in her high heels. I think she noticed we were looking eye to eye and I was 6' 4" myself. Here read the story and what happened to her and her great car.

the story is below the picture.

http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/...feature31.html

Here are some pictures of her and various shots of her Dale Sports car that was never to be.

https://www.google.com/search?num=10....2.fZ1eaai90oU