My HyCam got rear ended =(

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default My HyCam got rear ended =(

I was on my way home when I got rear ended last night =(
I was hit from the back and I tapped the car in front of me. The car behind me suffered more damage than me. It was the first time I have been in an accident and my HyCam just turned 1 years old. Thankfully, no one was injured.

Thought I'd share this with my fellow Camry Hybrid owners. I have some more detailed images of the sides if you like to see it.

I hope it gets repaired soon. It will be so different driving my parents' Scion xA in the meantime.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: My HyCam got rear ended =(

Chris,
Ouch - that looks painful! Hope you're uninjured!

My condolances...good luck with the repairs!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Bummer Chris. I hope all ends up well and we are all glad you (and the others) are ok.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry for your loss and thankfully the vehicle can be repaired. I am certainly glad that you don't believe you were hurt, but IMHO, if you haven't seen a physician, please don't shortchange yourself and make sure you are examined treated promptly. I'm no physician, but do painfully know from a similar experience that some personal injury from this type of accident may have occured without any pain being immediately apparent. Of course I hope the physician finds that you were right all along!

Old 12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Enthusiast

I felt some discomfort in my lower back, but it's nothing too serious. I feel the same discomfort when I work. But I'll take it day to day and see if it gets any worse.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

I gather that the airbags did not deploy? I assume it is a total write-off when the airbags trigger.

Glad your okay!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abward
I gather that the airbags did not deploy? I assume it is a total write-off when the airbags trigger.
Why that assumption? We've had one accident with airbags triggered, on a 3+ year old Buick. It was not totaled by the insurance company.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My TCH was rear-ended at the end of October. A guy (a kid, actually) ran into me at 50KPH while I was sitting at a red-light. His '84 (I think) Toyota Corolla was totaled. The front end looked like an accordian. My back bumper looked like swiss cheese, but that was the limit of the damage. I had it back in about two days - his insurance (his father's actually) paid for everything. No-one was seriously hurt, although I tore a tendon in my shoulder, and am now undergoing several weeks of physio.
Bottom line - this is a great car, and it did a fantastic job of absorbing the impact of the collision, while sustaining minimal damage.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast

I, too, hope to get my Camry back soon. The car I'm driving in the mean time does not compare at all. I was quite surprised to see how well it held up against the 89 Oldsmobile Cutlass that hit me.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Newbie Enthusiast

I, too, was recently rear-ended, by a 1995 Land Rover. He hit me from behind and pushed me so hard I hit the car in front of me. The Land Rover's radiator blew and so he had to be towed away. My beloved gray 'brid sustained nothing more than a slightly damaged rear bumper and scratches on the front bumper. I am sad my 8-week old car was hit, but I was impressed by its durability and safety. The day after the accident, I was fully checked out by a doctor - no problems. And Geico had the car fixed a few days later (new rear bumper, repaint front).

I hate having an accident on the record but love my car even more than before.

Tim

Quick Reply: My HyCam got rear ended =(

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands