My jasper pearl TCH is in my driveway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast
Wink My jasper pearl TCH is in my driveway!!!

I got the phone call late yesterday afternoon, and picked up by base jasper pearl TCH this afternoon. It's sitting in my driveway now. I bought mine at at Laurel Toyota (Carmax) in Maryland. My car came into NY three days ago. My VIN # is 015641, built in July. I paid $1 under MSRP. There were no black plugs in my glovebox, and both keyfobs work. This dealership and our salesman, Chuck Morris, were really a pleasure to work with. We test drove a TCH on a Saturday (also drove the Accord hybrid--no contest), called and told them what we wanted the following day, and they "allocated" it before we gave them a deposit. They said we should have it by August 18, and we got it the day before. We put 20+ miles on it this evening, and will go for a short roadtrip (150+ miles) over the weekend. Unfortunately the State of Maryland doesn't have a tax credit for hybrids, but we are all set for the $2,600 federal tax credit (and sales tax deduction, I think).

At this point, I am overwhelmed with the whole experience, and will probably get up and look out the window to check on the car during the night. Thank you to everyone who has so willingly shared their experiences with their TCH.

JoAnn
Overeager in MD

Old 08-17-2006, 05:21 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: My jasper pearl TCH is in my driveway!!!

CONGRATS!

PS: I don't believe sales tax is a federal deduction any more (Bummer)

Old 08-17-2006, 05:23 PM
joe540ci

Overeager-We are proud of you...joe

Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congratulations .

Old 08-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the new Jasper Pearl sibling! Mine's just like it but across the country! ;-) Because that color is so rare it really turns heads! I live in a small town and am a teacher so many know me and I am getting lots of curious questions and comments!

Barb

Last edited by belbe; 08-18-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Glad to see another Jasper Pearl joining the ranks here. Congratulations, you will love the car. One thing though, you will have to get used to all the stares. When we picked ours up in Chicago and were on the trip back to Florida somebody actually drove in a circle around it at a parking lot where we had stopped. It will probably be a long time before you see another on the road the same color.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Enthusiast

Congratulations

Old 08-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I agree about the stares. I took mine to the carwash this week and had four people comment on the color while I was there, including one person who came right up to me and said, "That car is SUCH a beautiful color, what is it?" Of course, another guy told me he used to have socks that color... .

Old 08-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
CONGRATS!

PS: I don't believe sales tax is a federal deduction any more (Bummer)
Unless I'm mistaken, or the Feds changed the law since I filed my '05 back in March, there is still a federal sales tax deduction. Turbo Tax (the hybrid life changer of tax filing) will figure your sales tax for you, automatically, based on your income. If you have any major purchases, like the ones we're all hyped about here, you can add that to the annual figure that Turbo Tax comes up with. (at least I think I remember it working this way in figuring the sales tax)

I have a good friend who religiously saves every sales tax receipt all year and adds them up at tax time. You can do it that way too instead of letting Turbo Tax figure it for you. He says he probably gains 3 or 4 hundred dollars worth of sales tax deductions that way.