My wife wants to steal my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default My wife wants to steal my car

Yes, she likes my car better than she likes hers. She has a 2006 Rav4 and is using what she calls a "logical" argument that she drives much farther each day and therefore the saving in milage would be more useful. She's saying we would "save money".

I'm using the argument that it's MY car. I researched it. And since I'm way geekier than she is it's only logical that I have the geekier car. So there.

--benny

Old 03-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My wife wants to steal my car

So what's the difference between trade-in on a Rav4 and the price of a TCH?

And whose idea was it to buy a Rav4 in the first place? Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benny
Yes, she likes my car better than she likes hers. She has a 2006 Rav4 and is using what she calls a "logical" argument that she drives much farther each day and therefore the saving in milage would be more useful. She's saying we would "save money".

I'm using the argument that it's MY car. I researched it. And since I'm way geekier than she is it's only logical that I have the geekier car. So there.

--benny
So her argument is logic based and yours is anything but.

Best of luck on this one.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brick
So what's the difference between trade-in on a Rav4 and the price of a TCH?

And whose idea was it to buy a Rav4 in the first place? Not that there's anything wrong with it.
We needed the AWD. We make frequent trips in the snow. Also, I needed a car to fit my telescope (back to being a geek).

Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sooty
So her argument is logic based and yours is anything but.

Best of luck on this one.
My argument is to stamp my feet, put my fingers in my ears, close my eyes really tight and yell, "It's MINE, MINE, MINE!!!!"

Think that'll work?

Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

My argument is to stamp my feet, put my fingers in my ears, close my eyes really tight and yell, "It's MINE, MINE, MINE!!!!"

Think that'll work?
That would be my argument too but I've already been this route many years ago and I lost.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Enthusiast

We needed the AWD. We make frequent trips in the snow. Also, I needed a car to fit my telescope (back to being a geek).
Benny,
Sounds like you had a hand in deciding on the Rav4, so you are on your own here (and I'm a fellow geek!) Good luck with it.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--benny
LOL awesome!

I am glad I am not married :-P ... but my girlfriend did just buy a 2007 RAV4....

Old 03-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Must be a good combo. My fiance is looking for an 07 Rav too. lol.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kris
Must be a good combo. My fiance is looking for an 07 Rav too. lol.
We had a '95 4runner that blew a head gasket. We wanted another SUV for skiing, camping, schlepping the kid, etc. , but didn't need anything as big as a 4runner or Highlander. So it was perfect.

I'll compromise. I fly a lot away for work for weekend trips. When I'm away, she can have my TCH. No use having it sit in the airport parking lot.

Quick Reply: My wife wants to steal my car

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands