Nav harness pins

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Enthusiast
Question Nav harness pins

I am installing a factory Nav unit from same year Camry Hybrid into my 2007 Camry Hybrid. I purchased a Nav harness from the dealer but I need a few of the harness pins to get the additional readouts for the Hybrid Energy monitor. I tried the dealership and the parts guy says that I cannot get just a few pins.

I think it is too small of an item and the parts guy just does not want to help me.

Where can I find pins that would work? Please help.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav harness pins

try those guys here:

http://www.oemvalue.com/installcamry07.htm#pluglayout

Old 08-30-2011, 02:30 PM

i think, you must have car prewired for nav unit though.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: Nav harness pins

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
oemvalue.com is out of business.

The car is prewired with JBL system. I just need 3 of these pins to add the readouts for the Camry Hybrid Energy monitor.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:56 PM

that's what I'm saying - it needs to be prewired for nav system. WITH ALL CONNECTIONS IN PLACE. Or you have to run them from place else.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
that's what I'm saying - it needs to be prewired for nav system. WITH ALL CONNECTIONS IN PLACE. Or you have to run them from place else.
The car is prewired. I have the Toyota Camry factory nav harness and a factory nav unit. My harness is for all Camrys so it missing 3 pins for the Energy Monitor sensor. That is why I need a few of the pins that go on the harness plug.

Please help if you can. Thank you.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 PM

sorry, brother. took much of your time with useless posts.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:56 AM
Pragmatist

Originally Posted by LamboMan
Where can I find pins that would work? Please help.
The pins from DB-9 or DB-25 connectors work. They sell them at Radio Shack, as kits with 9 or 25 pins and a shell. I haven't seen single pins for sale, ever. Electronics suppliers sell bags of 1,000 or more.

Crimp and solder the pin onto the wire, and then push the pin into the back of the connector until it snaps into place. I pusher of some sort is needed. A piece of 12- or 14-guage wire works well for pushing.

Leave yourself some extra wire, in case you decide you need to cut it off and start over for some reason.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got my nav used and asked that a harness be sent with the unit. They sent me a pigtail.

I would call a junk yard and see what they have laying around.

Do you have the other pieces needed? There is more to the swap than 3 pins for energy screens.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

Have you thought of trying one of those aftermarket navigation units made for 07+ Camrys that they sell on Ebay? (the ones with the usb inputs and sd card slots on the front).

I am actually wondering if the opposite is possible (swap my Nav unit and put in a regular JBL unit) would the pins be a problem? OR, could I use a stock wiring harness (which seems easy to obtain)?

My IDEA (not sure I would do it) is take OUT the Navigation unit in my 08 Camry Hybrid and put in a regular JBL unit. REASON: It costs me almost $200 for a yearly maps DVD, I can buy a nice Garmin with traffic updates that doesn't lock the buttons while driving for that price. I could even sell my Navigation unit with the wiring harness and make some money off it.

Quick Reply: Nav harness pins

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands