Nav power button not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Nav power button not working

Hi All -

Just curious if anyone else has ever had this problem. The power button on my Nav/Audio system no longer turns the unit on and off. This is the volume control ****, and it still controls the volume fine. I can turn off the audio by holding down the "Mode" button on the steering wheel, and turn off the display by going to the Display menu, but the power button used to shut the whole system down instantly, which was nice. Now it doesn't anymore.

I've recently added a Vais technology SL2i iPod interface, but even disconnecting this doesn't fix the problem.

Anyone ever seen this happen before?

-Alex

Old 05-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav power button not working

Originally Posted by ToutSuite
Hi All -

Just curious if anyone else has ever had this problem. The power button on my Nav/Audio system no longer turns the unit on and off. This is the volume control ****, and it still controls the volume fine. I can turn off the audio by holding down the "Mode" button on the steering wheel, and turn off the display by going to the Display menu, but the power button used to shut the whole system down instantly, which was nice. Now it doesn't anymore.

I've recently added a Vais technology SL2i iPod interface, but even disconnecting this doesn't fix the problem.

Anyone ever seen this happen before?
Are you pushing the button in? This is a push in on, push in off button. I am thinking you may have forgotten and are trying to turn it all the way down and off. Just a thought.
-Alex

Old 05-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, I am pushing it in. As I said, it was working perfectly before, just not now.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Pushing my "Power-Volume" button only turns off (toggles off and on) the Audio, not the NAV.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Enthusiast

I couldn't remember if it did both. Currently it's doing neither, but I guess holding down the Mode button does the same thing, then? I just remember there used to be this screen that came up with a CD background image that said "Audio off." Am I remembering correctly?

Old 05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ToutSuite
I couldn't remember if it did both. Currently it's doing neither, but I guess holding down the Mode button does the same thing, then? I just remember there used to be this screen that came up with a CD background image that said "Audio off." Am I remembering correctly?

Yes, I get a message that says Audio OFF, with the NAV screen (map) in the background. It seems that your power-volume button isn't working correctly, if it doesn't turn off the Audio portion.

I can't see how the addition of the ipod decvice would make this function differently, but I suppose it is possible. Perhaps the power to the NAV and the Audio are different in the stock mode, and when they installed the ipod device they changed that? Just a wild guess.