NAV Unit Microphone Missing

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default NAV Unit Microphone Missing

I received my Hybrid last week but the NAV unit was on backorder. It was installed yesterday but when I picked it up after hours, I found the microphone input for Bluetooth and Voice commands no longer worked.

I believe the NAV unit has an external microphone wired in and it appears that this was not installed.

However, there is a sticker on the inside of the NAV owner's manual (for Canada) that states

"In addition, the telephone switch and microphone will not be available on all Toyota models. The hands-free system and microphone will be available as optional purchased accessories through your Toyota Dealership."

So, on the Hybrid, is the microphone supposed to be installed with it or is the dealer going to demand extra money for this?

Thanks,

Bruce

Old 06-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NAV Unit Microphone Missing

Originally Posted by bvbernard
I received my Hybrid last week but the NAV unit was on backorder. It was installed yesterday but when I picked it up after hours, I found the microphone input for Bluetooth and Voice commands no longer worked.

I believe the NAV unit has an external microphone wired in and it appears that this was not installed.

However, there is a sticker on the inside of the NAV owner's manual (for Canada) that states

"In addition, the telephone switch and microphone will not be available on all Toyota models. The hands-free system and microphone will be available as optional purchased accessories through your Toyota Dealership."

So, on the Hybrid, is the microphone supposed to be installed with it or is the dealer going to demand extra money for this?

Thanks,

Bruce
I'm sorry to hear you have problems with that - I understand it is disappointing. The good news is, it is supposed to be installed with it (how's that for a positive spin?). In fact, it uses the same microphone that the non-nav unit uses, which is located in the housing that has the map lights and homelink switches.

I also received my TCH last week and had my nav unit on back-order and it was installed just yesterday. Everything works fine, including bluetooth and voice commands. I notice on the copy of the invoice they gave me, there are three items listed:

FP-Number Description
PU069-32777-G5 NAV SYS GEN 5
C0069-33010-W2 AUX & STEERING
C0069-33010-W3 MIC CONNECTOR

The third item seems to indicate that there is a special mic connector that has to be used to hook up the existing mic to the nav unit. Your dealer probably either forgot to install it, or installed it, and forgot to connect it.

That disclaimer in the manual is intended for cars other than the Camry Hybrid, which most definitely does have all of the needed hardware.

Go back to your dealer - I'm sure they will have no problem getting it fixed up for you quickly.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Randy!

I've alerted the dealer and will bring it back in next week.

Best,

Bruce

Old 06-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NAV Unit Microphone Missing - IPOD Cable ?

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I'm sorry to hear you have problems with that - I understand it is disappointing. The good news is, it is supposed to be installed with it (how's that for a positive spin?). In fact, it uses the same microphone that the non-nav unit uses, which is located in the housing that has the map lights and homelink switches.

I also received my TCH last week and had my nav unit on back-order and it was installed just yesterday. Everything works fine, including bluetooth and voice commands. I notice on the copy of the invoice they gave me, there are three items listed:

FP-Number Description
PU069-32777-G5 NAV SYS GEN 5
C0069-33010-W2 AUX & STEERING
C0069-33010-W3 MIC CONNECTOR

The third item seems to indicate that there is a special mic connector that has to be used to hook up the existing mic to the nav unit. Your dealer probably either forgot to install it, or installed it, and forgot to connect it.

That disclaimer in the manual is intended for cars other than the Camry Hybrid, which most definitely does have all of the needed hardware.

Go back to your dealer - I'm sure they will have no problem getting it fixed up for you quickly.
I have the exact same parts and my MIC works just fine, but I did get this other part for the Nav:
PU069-33010-W7

Has anyone actually installed the Toyota OEM IPOD Cable to this OEM Navigational Unit ?

thanxs, Harvey.