Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

stinger123, I'm interested in upgrading to the Nav as well. Just waiting for a response from oemvalue. Did they charge you extra for shipping to Canada?

Old 09-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Enthusiast

Stinger123, I saw your post over at oemvalue.com. The GPS antenna goes under the front dash area. There should be a place for it between the front center vents. I saw it in a the repair manual. Let me know if you need it.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stinger123
The 2007 Camry nav unit directly replaces the six disc jbl radio, (this will only work with current JBL systems).

See the link that was posted in this thread.
Does anyone know if you buy the gps unit from oemvalue, will it have all of the nifty hybrid power readouts, etc when it is installed? Does the unit come with the correct version of the software?

Old 09-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Elmo,

Troy at oemvalue will only ship to Canada using UPS, he chose the ground service which most of us Canadians know as (huge extra fees will be levied on you as we will charge you what we want) rant over. The extra fees add up to $221.33 including GST.
Thanks for letting me know about the antenna position, I will check the manual out.

In answer to Gavin's question, If you go to oemvalue website and look at the install instructions, they are not sure which wires are needed to be hooked up to enable the energy consumption screen. I am sure one of us "retrofitters" will sort it out.

I realise that I am taking a chance installing this system in a Canadian Hybrid (nav is not an option here) there are so many helpfull people on these forums, I am sure it will all work out.

Rick

Originally Posted by elmo
stinger123, I'm interested in upgrading to the Nav as well. Just waiting for a response from oemvalue. Did they charge you extra for shipping to Canada?

Old 09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Rick,

I always just ship UPS express if UPS is the only choice. There's not much difference and I get it a lot faster. Please keep us up to date.

Thx.

Ray

Old 09-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I too am eagerly awaiting the result of you OEM install, particularly if you get the energy stuff working as that is the unknown right now.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

I've ordered one of these too. It's just waiting for customs clearing. I've looked at the electrical wiring diagrams for the non-hybrid Camry's. It doesn't show any connections that might be related to the energy monitor. If anyone has access to a US Hybrid wiring diagram of the NAV that would probably give us the answer.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

I too am looking to add the NAV to mine. Toyota.com lists the NAV as an accessory at $1200.

Cohort - we're neighbors (sorta) I see!

Old 09-08-2006, 10:37 AM
WVGasGuy

I've ordered one of these too.

I'm curious what the cost installed is?

Also when you get it does it have all the same functions of the normal hybrid NAV (If it doesn't I wouldn't get it - there are alternatives if you simply want to navigate)

Old 09-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I use a Garmin c320 and I am happy with it. I can take it between my Highlander and my TCH or if I ride on someone eles car. I can also take it insde my house/hotel to look up places to go.

Quick Reply: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands