Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   New All Weather Mats aren't all weather (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/new-all-weather-mats-arent-all-weather-24188/)

UTAlumnus 03-29-2010 05:09 PM

New All Weather Mats aren't all weather

I had both the all weather mat & accelerator pedal recalls done Saturday.

The floor mats should NOT be called all weather as they are currently designed. The depths of the grooves even at the back of the mats is about half what the original design had. There is nothing to keep any water off your shoes from running off the front half of the mats.

The shape of the pedal modification looks like they took the old one out, ground it down with a bench grinder, and put the old one back in.

Regztfen 03-29-2010 05:50 PM

Re: New All Weather Mats aren't all weather

They most likely did grind it down and put it back in. They did not have new ones to replace the old ones yet.

UTAlumnus 03-29-2010 06:32 PM

Not really a problem on the pedal. Much more annoyed with them over the floor mats. I just found out I may be able to be reimbursed for them. http://www.toyota.com/recall/videos/...ntrapment.html Near the end of the video.

Mainer 03-30-2010 12:37 PM

I agree - the new floor mats don't have a raised edge to hold water/melting snow from leaking out. Pretty dumb. I'm thinking of going aftermarket. I'm always bringing some snow inside the car here in Maine.

bugs 03-31-2010 11:13 AM

I did my recalls but no floor mats. I have the Japan JTN model 2007. Toyota said my carpet floormats with hooks are just fine. :)

UWAdventurer 04-01-2010 01:08 PM

They told my Mom they would not reimberse her for her all weather mats she purchased. She said the new mats were awful, nothing near what she had. Let me know how that works out for you.

Smilin' Jack 04-01-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer (Post 221081)
They told my Mom they would not reimberse her for her all weather mats she purchased. She said the new mats were awful, nothing near what she had. Let me know how that works out for you.

Another irony of life:

Here in Houston, we don't ever get enough snow to need mats that trap snow and water. Our feet just get a little wet and dirty in the rain.

The new mats would probably be just fine here.

But my dealer hasn't even received any of the new mats yet, and they do not know when or even whether they will. My guess is that Toyota is preferentially distributing the new mats only to locales where they will generally be regarded as unsatisfactory.

Go figure !

UTAlumnus 04-16-2010 06:40 PM

Haven't heard anything back since I faxed them the receipt for the mats. I'll probably call them early next week

haroldo 04-17-2010 05:10 AM

Not sure which all weather mats are recallable, or not. Mine were (for want of a better term) generation 2. They were issued after the 2007 problem. It is a great mat that is only about 8 inches wide at the area near the pedals. Do you know if these are okay or not (with respect to the Toyota recall).
Thanks!

UTAlumnus 04-17-2010 09:12 PM

Here's a picture of the new mats. The ridges are about 1/8" deep. I haven't measured the rear seat mats but they're about 3x as deep. Found a picture of the old style

P.S. The new mats have NO lip around the front edge.