New Purchase Dealer Survey

Old 10-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default New Purchase Dealer Survey

OK so I got my TCH back in July and it was by far the worst buying expierience I have every had, and I have bougth over a dozen cars the last 15 years. The car is great, the dealer sucked! I was hoping to get a Toyota survey which never arrived. I called Toyota yesterday and they said they don't know why I didn't get a survey, but that it is now too late. You can get a dealer survey reissued within 10 eweeks of the purchase and it is valid for 90 days after the purchase, after that nothing. I expressed my disspointment that Toyota does not care about dealer sat after 90 days and more importantly that some dealers have found ways to manipulate the system to prevent potential bad surveys from being sent out. I know I am not the only unhappy buyer that never got a survey so the dealers have some tricks for preventing the survey. The survey is supposed to go out in the first 2-3 weeks, so if you have not gotten it within 4-6 weeks I would call and get them to resend it, also have them verify they have all your correct info. Look slike it is time for a letter to Japan, although that does not hurt the dealer the way te survey does.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:09 AM
Default Re: New Purchase Dealer Survey

And BTW, for those shopping in Atlanta; Atlanta Toyota is by far the worst car delaership I have ever dealt with. Delivery was 2.5 hours and nothing but trouble to the point where the GM refused to sell me the car unless I woudl give them a good survey. I told him fine, don;t sell me the car I'll write a letter to Japan telling Corporate that you refused to sell me a car becasue your delivery process was so sccrewed up and I was not happy. they finally sold it to me, but it was horrible expierieince, their service dept is no better. Poor serivce, total disrespect for you and your vehicle. Turns out they are owned by United Auto some large national chain, so it explains the lack of customer focus as you're dealing with a huge company that has hundreds of dealerships.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Enthusiast

I bought mine from our credit union, never set foot on the d(s)tealership lot. Every
other day for the next 2 weeks our caller id showed a call (while I was at work, no message left) from the 'surrogate' d(s)tealership.

They finally caught me at home one day and said they were doing a follow-up call to see if we were happy with the d(s)tealership and delivery and we would be receiving a survey blah blah....

I told him I loved the car, but I couldn't rate the d(s)tealership because I hadn't been there and couldn't even tell you how to get there, he said 'thank you for your time' and hung up.

'Just want to make sure our d(s)tealership rating stays up' is what he wanted to say.

Roswell Toyota here in the Atlanta area was the offending d(s)tealership if anyone is curious.

I'm looking for a good service dept in the Atlanta, GA area if anyone has any luck. Don't mind driving extra distance if the service is good. Thanks

Old 10-12-2006, 06:40 AM

Actually help an ex-gf buy a Sienna at Roswell Toyota back in 2001. They were great then, but when I went there 3 months ago to look at the TCH the sales guy was a young arrogant perosn who thought he was great and I woudl never buy anywhere else, funny he never coudl tell me how much Sirus radio was or if it was even available. I found MArietta Toyota to be a bunch of thieves trying to pad every car witha $600 doc fee, an ADDITIONAL $600 delivery fee over what was on the sticker and some other $500 fee!

Old 10-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast

I bought my TCH at Thompson Toyota in Baltimore. After ordering one from Jerry's Toyota, I went on to Edmunds.com. and did a request. Thompson E-mailed me the next day said he might have one, A deal may fall through. I told him to call me if it did. He called the following day, we drove there drove the car and bought it on the spot. The dealer does not markup, so I paid sticker and got the vehicle before the tax incentive decrease. They are fair, but offer no incentives to do business with them, IE.. free oil changes or car washes. But they did offer a low pressure sale and were very helpful and knowledgeable of the TCH. Hope this helps. By the way we are getting 43 and 46 MPG. My wife commutes 50 miles or more per day. The car has curbed her lead foot a little also.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I purchased two '07 Camrys and did not receive a Dealer Survey from Toyota for either transaction.
I was very happy with my dealership which I've used for the past 25+ years. Same salesperson during the entire time period.
J

Old 10-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I received a survey. I'm satisfied with them, but only time will tell. I paid MSRP and also paid a $399 doc fee. They offered all the high priced add-ons, but there was no high pressured sales tactic and when I said no they didn't press at all. They did offer me $2000 more on my trade than another dealership, right around blue book trade-in value.

They provide some throw-ins (6 free oil changes, state inspections for life) but nothing tremendously out of the ordinary. They have a nice facility, including a service waiting area with ethernet connectivity. At least if I have to wait I can get work done.

The other night they had a get together for new Toyota owners. Served dinner and went through service and parts procedures. They had a bunch of people from the service department along with a couple of cars (not a Camry) sitting there with their hoods open to go over basic maintenance and field questions.

One person asked if there's anything she can do to increase the mileage on her Prius. I told her about greenhybrid.com.

So far I have no reason to be dissatisfied, but I'm not a diehard fan yet.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Orcrone
The other night they had a get together for new Toyota owners. Served dinner and went through service and parts procedures. They had a bunch of people from the service department along with a couple of cars (not a Camry) sitting there with their hoods open to go over basic maintenance and field questions.
If you don't consider this an "over and beyond" level of customer service, I'm not sure what you are looking for. I wish my Toyota dealership did this type of thing, and I've actually never heard of ANY dealership doing this in my 20+ years of buying cars in both NY and CA. Any dealership that actually fosters a relationship with customers THAT HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THEIR CARS would go straight to the top of my list, since they already have your money and have no obligation to maintain this relationship.

I filled out my survey and gave my dealership a so-so rating, because the car sold itself and the dealership didn't do any real work, but the finance manager was an idiot. Too bad I couldn't fill out a survey for the other dealership where I test drove the car, because they were extremely helpful and nice, they simply did not have a car on the lot to sell to me. (actually, they did at the time of the test drive, but 4hrs later when I decided to buy it, the car was already sold)

Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by flopshot
If you don't consider this an "over and beyond" level of customer service, I'm not sure what you are looking for.
Sorry, I should have been a little more explicit. I do consider that to be very good. That quote was referring to six free oil changes and lifetime inspecitions - fairly standard stuff here, and stuff that gets you into their service department.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

I did receive a survey regarding my dealership experience. Toyota on Western in Chicago. Flew up to pick up the car. Salesman picked us up at the airport and we were out of there in about an hour. No pressure to sell add ons and got the 7 year 100,000 warranty for $830. Paid MSRP plus $53 doc fee

Salesman called a few days later to see how we liked the car and even called a few weeks later to inquire about a conversation we had regarding Central Atlantic Statets opinion on after market leather (he had a customer that wanted it)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Purchase Dealer Survey

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands