Non-Toyota Parts Source? [Headlight Related]

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Non-Toyota Parts Source? [Headlight Related]

Hello all.
My low beam output has diminished to the point of possibly being hazardous. I've tried replacing with the brightest bulb available, polishing the plastic with various kits, etc, but I still think the output is too low.

I called an official Toyota parts source, but they only sell the complete housing minus the bulbs and that for almost $300 each side. Anyone know an alternate source that might be less expensive? Replacing the outer plastic cover would be a start, but it looks like the low beam is behind a lens that seems fogged over in my case, so the whole housing might be required.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by WMConey; 12-14-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typo / clarity
Old 04-15-2019, 07:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Non-Toyota Parts Source? [Headlight Related]

Originally Posted by WMConey
Hello all.
My low beam output has diminished to the point of possibly being hazardous. I've tried replacing with the brightest bulb available, polishing the plastic with various kits, etc, but I still think the output is too low.

I called an official Toyota parts source, but they only sell the complete housing minus the bulbs and that for almost $300 each side. Anyone know an alternate source that might be less expensive? Replacing the outer plastic cover would be a start, but it looks like the low beam is behind a lens that seems fogged over in my case, so the whole housing might be required.

Thanks in advance.
I went on Ebay and purchased LED lights which were plug and play and new (not OEM) headlight assembly with covers. My low beam is as bright as my high beam except no one flashers their lights at me. Both LED and headlights were about $120 total. The new covers have been on more then 1 year without any issues.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Non-Toyota Parts Source? [Headlight Related]

Originally Posted by Anusense
I went on Ebay and purchased LED lights which were plug and play and new (not OEM) headlight assembly with covers. My low beam is as bright as my high beam except no one flashers their lights at me. Both LED and headlights were about $120 total. The new covers have been on more then 1 year without any issues.
How did you find these? Can you recommend a search term?

Thanks for the help!