Oh No!!! I've become SMUG

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Oh No!!! I've become SMUG

I was driving to work today taking a toll road. I have one of those transponders that let me sail through without stopping. It's a 45 mph speed limit through the toll booth. About two miles later the toll road ends and there's a traffic light, so I lowered the cruise to 50 mph before hitting the toll booth and just kept it there. In the mean time several cars behind me had to stop to pay the full toll. Of course they caught up and passed me before the stop light, but then got stopped at the red light. With them sitting there, all in the left lane, it triggered the light so that it turned green right before I got there. I just gave them a smile as I went by them in the right lane without slowing down, all the while my mpg gauge is reading about 50 mpg.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Banned
Default Re: Oh No!!! I've become SMUG

Smug is a pejoritive term used by the bad drivers you mentioned that choose not to use common sense.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:24 AM
dcf
Enthusiast

Socially Moderate User of Gas?

Old 07-27-2006, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by dcf
Socially Moderate User of Gas?
Of course that's what I meant.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Enthusiast

Yep, me too. For me it happened during the recent heat wave and smog alerts -- knowing that I had a clean-burning engine and low gas consumption.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

My first smugness (I kept it to myself) came when I was with my co-worker during a lunch break and he had to fill his tank on his Ford F-150 and I figured in my head that I could go almost 1500 miles on the gas he just pumped into his truck which lasts him just over 300 miles.

Chris

Current tank: 647 miles, 67.3 mpg (Have I failed to mention the ways I love my car?)

Old 07-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Pfft, it took you how long? My wife was looking down on other drivers 5 min after we signed the paperwork.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

haha. everyone needs to see the south park episode about hybrids. yes, I know it's south park, but it's hilarious. they get everyone to start driving hybrids and instead of smog, there's deadly smug polluting the country. "thaaaaanks!"

Old 07-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Too Smug

As I've said before, I think personalized tags saying "Smug" are entirely appropriate.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by ginway
haha. everyone needs to see the south park episode about hybrids. yes, I know it's south park, but it's hilarious. they get everyone to start driving hybrids and instead of smog, there's deadly smug polluting the country. "thaaaaanks!"
Sniiifffffff! No - I don't do that yet! Or ever, I hope.

Quick Reply: Oh No!!! I've become SMUG

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands