Onboard Diagnostics

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Question Onboard Diagnostics

The Service section of the computer, when i picked up my TCH is was all blank and I asked the salesmen and he had no idea. I went to the service dept. and he said its all up to the owner to set intervals. Is this right? Maybe I've been spoiled by previous cars but if it is then where do i find the correct intervals? or does it just depend on the way I drive.

Any help is appreciated, two dealers pretty close so if this one was being lazy then they will not get my business gain.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Onboard Diagnostics

If you're talking about the section in the Nav screen, those all you set yourself.

You will get reminded within a few hundred miles for each of the 5K intervals for service on the MFD in the center of the speedometer.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Onboard Diagnostics

ok, thanks. I'm coming from one where the dealer set everything and the car updated based on useage.