Our 2009 Camry Hybrid has been ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Our 2009 Camry Hybrid has been ordered!

Well, our Jasper pearl 2009 Camry Hybrid is on order. They really don't know when it will be in. It will be replacing our 2004 V6 Accord (purchased new back when gas was about $1.50/gallon!) and we hope to cut our fuel usage almost in half. We drive the family sedan about 17.5k miles/year.

Our other vehicle is my 1999 Tacoma V6 that we won't be replacing anytime soon. It only gets less than 8k miles per year as a second vehicle and a truck when we need it - which is fairly often.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Our 2009 Camry Hybrid has been ordered!

Congratulations on your pending purchase. I picked mine up two weeks ago and it has been everything I hoped for, and more.
Good Luck and welcome!

Old 06-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats!

I have had a 2008 since Sept.

You are going to enjoy it a lot.

Jasper Pearl is a beautiful color too!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Outcast Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flatlandtacoma
Well, our Jasper pearl 2009 Camry Hybrid is on order. They really don't know when it will be in. It will be replacing our 2004 V6 Accord (purchased new back when gas was about $1.50/gallon!) and we hope to cut our fuel usage almost in half. We drive the family sedan about 17.5k miles/year.
flatlandtacoma, could you share your order experience? thanks.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

flatlandtacoma,

In what area are you located in? I also put in an order for a new blue ribbon TCH about two weeks ago, and was told that it would be in early to mid. august also. I'm in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago. Did you get a good deal?

Old 06-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

I think we got a good deal considering the low supply and high demand. We are near Rockford and my wife sent out quote requests to everyone from Chicago to Madison to Dubuque. Nobody wanted to move off sticker price except one dealer in Southern Wisconsin (don't know if I should give the name until we actually get the car?) who came down $2k off the sticker on a non-nav model.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

My wife wanted me to add that we also saved hundreds in sales tax by buying in WI vs. most of the Suburbs - and our great salesman who quoted the price and didn't play any games or change the price when we got there was: Tony Velcich at Ruda Toyota in Monroe Wi (888) 289-7832. It really was one of the most pleasant car buying experiences either of us ever had.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

flatlandtacoma;

By purchasing in WI, while living in IL, I don't think you save anything in sales tax. You usually pay the sales tax of where you live/ register the car. If you didn't pay it up front to the dealer, when you register the car in your state you will have to pay it then.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm sure times and laws have changed, but in 1973 I was a student in California but a resident of Virginia. I needed to replace my car. Virginia didn't charge sales tax per se on cars but you paid the tax when you registered the first time. California charged a sales tax no matter where you lived. So I would have had to pay both California and Virginia sales tax on the single purchase. So I changed my residence to California! Alas, 9 months later I moved permanently to Oregon -- no sales tax and one of the lowest, if not the lowest, registration fees in the country. :-(

Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

ryang,
Sales tax varies from county to county in Illinois. The base sales tax rate in Illinois is 6.25% but many counties have a surcharge on top of that of up to 2 or 3%. By buying out of state, we are only paying 6.25% sales tax instead of 7 to 9%.

Quick Reply: Our 2009 Camry Hybrid has been ordered!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands