Palm Pre' / Bluetooth to the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Arrow Palm Pre' / Bluetooth to the TCH

I've a 2007 TCH with Nav and am considering trading up my Treo 700P for the Palm Pre ...

Does anyone here have that combination and does the bluetooth connectivity work well?
Any glitches?
Any cOOl features to report?

Thanks!

Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Palm Pre' / Bluetooth to the TCH

As a fellow 700p user, may I ask if you figured out the trick to connecting BT? If not, it's in the FAQ

Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by haroldo
As a fellow 700p user, may I ask if you figured out the trick to connecting BT? If not, it's in the FAQ
Hmmm... I don't recall having to go through anything special to make it work... I believe I just put the phone in the mode to be discovered and then told the TCH Bluetooth to find local devices or some such... Then entered in the code of 0000 which I think is pretty much the standard access code for BT.

Sorry - that was almost 3 years ago and it's been working like a charm for the standard features.. One thing though - if I don't have the phone number in the address book, the caller ID will show the incoming call as having come from my previous caller.. Weird....

Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Sorry - that was almost 3 years ago and it's been working like a charm for the standard features.. One thing though - if I don't have the phone number in the address book, the caller ID will show the incoming call as having come from my previous caller.. Weird....
I have the 08 and it was a hassle to get pairing, although it's been a charm since then. As to caller ID bug, I never had that occur...could present a sticky situation if one is married!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by haroldo
I have the 08 and it was a hassle to get pairing, although it's been a charm since then. As to caller ID bug, I never had that occur...could present a sticky situation if one is married!
The only other glitches I can think of are the signal strength not being a 1:1 with the signal strength shown on the phone itself - and the battery will go red on the TCH display when it's at about 25% charge on the phone's display.

How about it you folks with the Palm Pre?? Got any good news for us? Is anyone else on the fence about buying a Pre?

Old 08-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Try http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?board=74.0

Old 08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Thanks for the link...

Okay - I guess I'll play Pioneer again... I just pulled the trigger on a Palm Pre' and it should be delivered in the next few days....

I'll let y'all know if/how it works!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Update -

23 hours after I ordered the Palm Pre on Sprint's website - it was in my hands.

This afternoon I went out and paired it with the Bluetooth in the 2007 TCH.

*Perfect*

The Caller ID, Battery and Signal strength seem to all work fine.

I've not tried to transfer contacts yet as that is still a challenge for me to even get them loaded into the Pre. Seems that Palm had their act "almost" together but gave us no way to sync with Palm Desktop with the Pre. Instead they want you to upload all of your contacts to Google and then sync there.. Nothin' doin;....

But this isn't supposed to be a thread about the Pre and it's idioSYNCrasies ...

It does seem to work well with the TCH so far... Will post more as I learn more.

Over and out!

Old 08-22-2009, 05:16 AM

Pre and Treo are very different.
Palm Desktop is pretty much a useless program (by design) but very useful to the user (unless you're on Mac, then it's totally useless).
You have data, contacts and calender info, etc.
Just export it from Palm Desktop Treo and then import it into Palm Desktop Pre (if that makes sense).
They're just *. files and each program should be able to import it.

So, if your TCH displays the number of the incoming call (even if it's not one of your preset TCH numbers)? Very handy!