PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry - GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars

Go Back  GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Toyota Motor Corporation > Toyota Camry Hybrid
PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry >

PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry

PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry

  #1  
Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 38
Default PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry

Well...

If you just want to use the stereo system and the steering wheel controls, they go to gether like "peanut butter & Jelly".

Every CABLE connected just fine, except ONE... there is a cable, the 2nd from the left if you are looking at the rear of the unit (2010 JBL\Fujitsu-ten). I am wondering if this is a cable that splits to provide power and noise cancellation to both the Factory Microphone within the Ceiling console that controls the lights and sunroofs on some cars, and the auxilliary input, or if it controls the entire BT. All ofthe steering wheel controls work just fine. the display is slightly different. But I had a "Crash and Burn" kind of moment when trying to get the BT to sync... Remember, 2010 models have upgraded BT (2.0 or 2.1) that has the AD2P audio profiles to allow you to stream your audio from you Bluetooth enabled cell phone to your stereo system. In order to sync the phone, you need to give it a name, via the MIC... well since the MIC's are incompatible or rather it just doesn't work, I couldn't get past that first part.

I drive 2 hours EVERY day, so I desperately wanted an upgrade, because I talk a lot on the phone, and I have Slackr and Pandora on my blackberry and thus wanted to listen to the tunes without having to hastle with a cable.

For now, I have placed my old stereo system back in the deck... (it was very easy to take out) and am trying to acquire an OEM factory Handsfree MIC. I can't seem to find anyone online, and most of the parts distributers only have 2009 Camry parts... which is vastly different (2009 Camry uses the same stereo system as our 2007's).

If anyone has any suggestions, I am certainly open to them.
 
  #2  
Old 11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Enthusiast
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31
Default Re: PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry

Wow- I was actually thinking about doing this.

Where did you get the 2010 Head unit? How much?

I also want to add in A2DP audio- I may just installing an aftermarket adapter if it's so much hassle.
 
  #3  
Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 38
Default Re: PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry

Got the head unit off of ebay. It is WAYYYY different on the display... more of an LED display and not an LCD... when the car powers on, Camry shows up on the display... I might dig around to see if there is a difference between the Camry Hybrid and the Camry...

What after market adapters are there, out there?
THe OEM BT adapters out there from Toyota, will not work with my current head unit, because my current head unit has BT already...

I paid $116.00 to have it shipped. I might sell it to you if you want it....lol.
 
  #4  
Old 11-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 350
Default Re: PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry

Originally Posted by phenderson View Post
I have Slackr and Pandora on my blackberry and thus wanted to listen to the tunes without having to hastle with a cable.
THIS!!! 10,000 times!

I've got TWO 9630's, one for work, one for not-work. One is VZW the other Sprint. One with Slacker, the other Pandora.

BOTH of them sound horrible through the 3.5mm AUX. The hiss and distortion is too much. And as many of us "Tour operators" know the jack is weak too. The A2DP solution over BT 2.1 sounds great. As much as I hope your 2010-2007 graft goes well, I also hope someone comes up with an inexpensive, aftermarket way to bring that feature to the masses. Good Luck!
 
  #5  
Old 11-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 38
Default Re: PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry

Originally Posted by McGyver View Post
THIS!!! 10,000 times!

I've got TWO 9630's, one for work, one for not-work. One is VZW the other Sprint. One with Slacker, the other Pandora.

BOTH of them sound horrible through the 3.5mm AUX. The hiss and distortion is too much. And as many of us "Tour operators" know the jack is weak too. The A2DP solution over BT 2.1 sounds great. As much as I hope your 2010-2007 graft goes well, I also hope someone comes up with an inexpensive, aftermarket way to bring that feature to the masses. Good Luck!
I think, in your case, you need to pull the car charger out. I found that that was the issue with the hiss from my HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint), my HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) my HTC Mogul (Sprint), and Startac 6700(Sprint) and my Blackberry Curve 8320. As long as I had them plugged into the auxilliary port and the power charger (ac adapter) plugged into one of the cigarrette lighters, I would get some serious feedback. This was the case, even, for my XM Satellite receiver...

On a whim, I went through ebay and began checking listings for perhaps the umpteenth time... and then I contacted a guy... who was selling Toyota 2007 Camry Hybrid parts... radios and what not. He told me that microphones between the 2 car systems were compatible, and that I needed to buy some connectors for him and do some creative "re-wiring". So I am going to go that route.

In the meantime, I will also start looking around for a 2010 lower Console (the one with the USB Port and the Auxilliary Port), and 2010 ceiling console (possibly with a better microphone)...
 
  #6  
Old 11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Enthusiast
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31
Default Re: PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry

Originally Posted by phenderson View Post
Got the head unit off of ebay. It is WAYYYY different on the display... more of an LED display and not an LCD... when the car powers on, Camry shows up on the display... I might dig around to see if there is a difference between the Camry Hybrid and the Camry...

What after market adapters are there, out there?
THe OEM BT adapters out there from Toyota, will not work with my current head unit, because my current head unit has BT already...

I paid $116.00 to have it shipped. I might sell it to you if you want it....lol.
You paid $116 total? or for shipping only?

I was told that iSimple was coming out with an A2DP gateway shortly- but have yet to see it...

Btw- on my iPhone, it would hiss unless I would turn up my volume all the way- not sure if that's your problem.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Topic Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
phenderson
Toyota Camry Hybrid
5
11-06-2009 09:49 PM
way2muchkc4u
Ford Escape Hybrid
9
07-19-2008 04:46 PM
reagle
HCH II-Specific Discussions
0
03-18-2008 07:44 PM
Ethanqt
Honda Civic Hybrid
1
05-04-2006 12:38 PM
RAK92
Honda Accord Hybrid
1
04-15-2005 07:33 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PARTIAL FAIL: Installing 2010 OEM Camry 6-disc changer in 2007 Camry


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.