Personalized license plate?

Old 07-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Personalized license plate?

Just wondering if anyone has a hybrid or green themed personalized license plate. Since your plate is viewed by everyone while you're driving I don't think it would be a big deal to share it here. But if you don't feel comfortable then you could just post that you have one without sharing it.

I just received my registration with a title number so I can now get my clean fuel plate to ride in HOV lanes. So I figured I'd get some suggestions for a good personalized plate from someone not living in Virginia.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Personalized license plate?

Marc - I was also thinking of getting hybrid theme plates. I currently have personalized plates that I carried over from last vehicle and wife thinks it does not fit car, that and no one gets it. ELDPRVD (elevation deprived, I grew up in the mountains in the NW and now live in flat southern Wisconsin)

So thinking of ideas like "electrify" or "mean green machine" just have to figure out letter combination, but it's a start. Need to do some more thinking

Old 07-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just being honest here, I tend to find "50 MPG" or something like that (i've seen them on Prius and Insight) kind of obnoxious. Yeah, we get it. You get great gas mileage. Good for you.

But that's just me...I'm sure plenty of people found my plates on the car I just traded (BOSOXR1) obnoxious too.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:20 AM

12punch. I probably would not have figured that out either.

I have 8 characters available on a standard plate but only six characters on a clean fuel plate. If I went with a standard plate I came up with "HYBR PWR". With the six characters all I could think of is "TOYHYB" or "HYBTOY". I can't fit a space between the first three and last three characters. Luckily my drive to work is easy and there aren't any HOV lanes going to or from work. I don't use them too much (maybe once a month) but it would be nice to have the clean fuel plates just in case. So I'm leaning towards a six character plate.

Is it obvious enough?

Old 07-14-2006, 07:39 AM

On the HCH I just traded in, I had HIGHMPG but when I got my TCH I just got a standard issue plate.

I'm gonna get something catchy when I renew next June.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:51 AM
"Excellent!" Addict

How about AT-PZEV, or 640 VAC (the total voltage of the motor/battery)?

Old 07-14-2006, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
How about AT-PZEV, or 640 VAC (the total voltage of the motor/battery)?
I'd worry about people not understanding it. I recognize the first one, but I own a TCH and wouldn't understand where the second came from.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:00 AM
"Excellent!" Addict

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I'd worry about people not understanding it. I recognize the first one, but I own a TCH and wouldn't understand where the second came from.
How about NOSMOG ?

Last edited by Mr. Happy; 07-14-2006 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm going to keep my current plates, because they are a specialty plate that supports the CT spay and neuter program for shelter pets, but if I had regular plates now I would be really tempted to switch. CT offers a plate checking tool on its DMV web site, so you can see if your possible custom plate number is already taken.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
How about NOSMOG ?
I like it, but it's already taken.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Personalized license plate?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands