Pics of newly modded TCH '08

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Latest mod - Fogs

Originally Posted by rocket08
No I didn't replace the fuse. The HID is 55W bulb and the fogs at 35W. The fogs had its own relay and harness, ditto the HID (ballasts and relay). The kits had everything you need for install to avoid any electrical glitches...

Yes I get plenty of light with both ON (see daytime pic below) and these are much much better at night, obviously

The road lighting at night is just fantastic... You cannot beat HIDs.. and the fogs do help a tad more for side markers.

I bought my fogs on EBAY and this is the kit I purchased: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB....cWON.m313.lVI

Hope the above answers your questions.
Can i ask approx. how much all these mods cost including installation?? The grill, the fogs and the HID headlights? It looks like they may be difficult to install.......did you install the HID's and fogs yourself.......or did you pay to have someone install them??? They look nice...by the way.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Pics of newly modded TCH '08

Originally Posted by camrydan
hi
those rims just bolt on, any spacers or fitting problems?
thanks
dan
Yes, the rims just bolt on. They are a perfect fit (see pic), the offset is +45 same as the stock rims so no need for spacers.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CJO2007CamryHyb
Can i ask approx. how much all these mods cost including installation?? The grill, the fogs and the HID headlights? It looks like they may be difficult to install.......did you install the HID's and fogs yourself.......or did you pay to have someone install them??? They look nice...by the way.
Ahhhhh... promise you won't show the bill to my wife, right? But I think it'd help others so I'll list them here.. Note: I am in SoCal and these are Cali prices...I would ball-park all the mods at about $3K (parts & labor costs) - wheels/tires ($1400), HIDs ($325), Fogs ($200), tints ($225), grille ($450), spoiler ($300), chrome door sills ($55), and LED interior lights ($27). Except for the interior LED installs which was a DIY, I had all other mods listed here performed by professionals...

And the changes have been worth every cent.... My TCH is totally transformed to what I want it to be. I couldn't be happier.

One other item not listed here is the wood dash kit which is sitting in my trunk. Turned out the kit did not have the correct door trims I wanted, hence I will be returning it for a refund. Altho' I am still loving the XLE wood look, I will re-think doing it for my TCH. A local professional installer already gave me a $350 cost (parts + labor) which is the lowest quote I have. Still gotta think this one a little more...

Old 01-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ahhhhh... promise you won't show the bill to my wife, right? But I think it'd help others so I'll list them here.. Note: I am in SoCal and these are Cali prices...I would ball-park all the mods at about $3K (parts & labor costs) - wheels/tires ($1400), HIDs ($325), Fogs ($200), tints ($225), grille ($450), spoiler ($300), chrome door sills ($55), and LED interior lights ($27). Except for the interior LED installs which was a DIY, I had all other mods listed here performed by professionals...

And the changes have been worth every cent.... My TCH is totally transformed to what I want it to be. I couldn't be happier.

One other item not listed here is the wood dash kit which is sitting in my trunk. Turned out the kit did not have the correct door trims I wanted, hence I will be returning it for a refund. Altho' I am still loving the XLE wood look, I will re-think doing it for my TCH. A local professional installer already gave me a $350 cost (parts + labor) which is the lowest quote I have. Still gotta think this one a little more...
Thanks for the info! I had thought they were getting up there in price, but that's not too bad. My first goal is to pay off my car..........then look into mods such as yours. After all........that will save me $$$.!!

Old 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, the rims just bolt on. They are a perfect fit (see pic), the offset is +45 same as the stock rims so no need for spacers.
How do you know what the offset is?? Why do these fit perfectly if the rims are 2 inches bigger?? Can you fit the Michelin Energy's on these?

Old 01-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wes878
How do you know what the offset is?? Why do these fit perfectly if the rims are 2 inches bigger?? Can you fit the Michelin Energy's on these?
Wes,

I think you need to learn a little bit more about wheels (in general) in order to understand this upgrade. The offset spec for the stock wheels is given in the Camry service manuals, it is +45. Whenever you buys aftermarket wheels, they give you the offset spec, and then you need to combine the width of the wheel along with the offset to see if they will fit on your car. These are Lexus GS wheels and they are also +45, so although they are wider (8" vs. the stock 6.5") they will still fit in the wheel well with no rubbing problems.

You cannot fit the stock Michelin tires on these wheels, because the stock tires are 16" while the Lexus wheels are 18".

FlopShot

Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hey Rocket, did this particular foglight kit come with any wiring instructions? All the other kits I've seen have not included any wiring diagrams, which is the only reason I haven't bought a kit yet.

Thanks,
FlopShot

Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
Hey Rocket, did this particular foglight kit come with any wiring instructions? All the other kits I've seen have not included any wiring diagrams, which is the only reason I haven't bought a kit yet.

Thanks,
FlopShot
No it didn't. But I have a pretty good audio shop here who have worked on my car and I do trust their work and they put it in for me. If you want a DIY for this, its gonna be a tad difficult w/out those instructions, I agree. But the install cost isn't that exhorbitant w/out dropping the bumper.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
Wes,

I think you need to learn a little bit more about wheels (in general) in order to understand this upgrade. The offset spec for the stock wheels is given in the Camry service manuals, it is +45. Whenever you buys aftermarket wheels, they give you the offset spec, and then you need to combine the width of the wheel along with the offset to see if they will fit on your car. These are Lexus GS wheels and they are also +45, so although they are wider (8" vs. the stock 6.5") they will still fit in the wheel well with no rubbing problems.

You cannot fit the stock Michelin tires on these wheels, because the stock tires are 16" while the Lexus wheels are 18".

FlopShot
+1. Thanks FlopShot for that excellent response.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

thanks
im new to japanese cars, and it seems the bolt paterns are the same, but this hub diameter thing was my problem, but im glad to see that rwd lexus car rims fit
thanks
dan

Quick Reply: Pics of newly modded TCH '08

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands