Power folding led mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Power folding led mirrors

I need some help from this forum

I purchased these mirrors on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=#ht_676wt_879

I paid 268 plus 68 for paint and 10 for standard passanger side mirror, and thanks to assistance from ngerald I was able to install them with at least getting the mirrors to work.

They come with unknown 9 pin plug and the camry has a 5 pin, I cut off the plug and installed a 9 pin plug with 5 of the wires tapped into the stock 5 pin plug and ran 4 additional wires to the drivers side foot well.

At this point I have 4 wires from each side sitting in my drivers foot well.

I have a DPDT relay which I will wire for auto open and close which will open on ignition and close on power off. and maybe a disconnect switch, for off all the time function.

Where I live the people are ignorant and will go by your car hitting your mirror as they walk between the cars.

So here is where I need everyone's help

I need the color code for the following wires which hopefully are located in the drivers footwell

1. Ignition on, or hot with ignition only not radio mode
2. Always hot
3. Marker or running light
4. Left turn signal wire
5. Right turn signal wire

I would appreciate any assistance from anyone who might be able to help

The vehicle is a 2009 Camry Hybrid

Total cost so far is

$232 for mirrors as I had a 10% discount from ebay
$68 for custom paint
$10 for proper right hand side mirror
$45 for wiring, tape, pins and connectors and DPDT relay

Thanking you in advance for assistance

Tim from Delta

Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Power folding led mirrors

No one has any idea of wiring color??

Relay pre-wired for installation and running/turn module obtained for installation

Need advice asap

thanks

tim

Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Tim,

This is more likely to be answered by some of the techs at ToyotaNation that have access to the wiring manuals.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

I tried that and all I got were comments like

"Get a service manual"
"You should be well prepared and plan ahead"

and my favorite was

"mine work great"

a lot of people with too much ego

Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

I have an AllData subscription for the hybrid. When I'm home tonight, I will see if they have any of the wiring diagrams for you. You could also try calling your dealer and asking for the hybrid tech. He might be able to get you the answer on the phone...

Old 04-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thank you

At this point I now only need the left and right turn signal wires by the left kick panel.

I was able to find the others via a multi meter.

At present the mirrors fold out with ignition on and in with ignition off via a DPDT relay.

I also hooked up the led's as drl and need the left and right turn signal wires to relay the turn into the led's to perform a dual function.

Once again your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Tim from Delta.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The following post has the 2007 overall electrical wiring diagram. I don't know if the part your looking for is there and I don't know if things changed in 2008 (probably not).

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...16/#post167976

Old 07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

i have a 2009 toyota camry hybird and i just brought these power folding led mirrors. i am not to sure how to install them. i was reading the form saying i need a DPDT relay wires etc.. can someone help me out here on what i need also if someone could provide me with some pictures that will help me out also.

thanks,
George

Last edited by usmcgeorgee; 07-15-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

the dpdt relay is used to open and close the mirrors with ignition on or off.

there are 2 wires on each mirror used to fold and unfold the mirrors they have there own safety shut off, that is when they reach full open they switch off regardless of power and this works the same way when fully closing.

there is a total of 8 connections in this double pole double throw relay.

there are 2 wires that are connected to the relay coil which which is attached to an ignition only source, thus the mirrors are not opening and closing every time you turn the radio on or off.

the remaining 6 wires are used to reverse the polarity of the power to the mirror themselves.

if we apply negative to one wire and positive to the other wire the mirror will either open or close, and when we reverse this connection the mirror will do the opposite which is similar to how power door locks work.

now as I mentioned there is a total of 8 wires the 2 wires that control the solenoid go to an ignition on only source needless to say really only one wires goes to the ignition on source and the other goes to a ground screw.

The remaining 6 wires are as follows 2 wires are high, 2 wires are center and 2 are low. the way this works is the center pin or wires are either attached to the high or low side of the relay.

So to install now that we have made the coil wires connected to the switched ignition on only, we now have to connect the remaining 6 wires.

In the center 2 wires is where we connect our mirror wires remembering to keep identical colors together as we are dealing with both left and right mirrors which open and close together

now we have 2 wires on the high side or 2 wires on the low side left

we now take a constant power source from the fuse power and make the following connections on the high side place the hot wire to the left of the upper, and the right of the lower on the remaining wires connect a ground wire and that is it.

to test turn the ignition on and the mirrors will either open or close, if they are closing on ignition on, simply reverse the center 2 wires so that the mirror will work in the correct direction.

remember that when the ignition off there is still power to the vehicle for either 20 seconds or until the drivers door is open, so if you turn the ignition off and nothing happens either wait or open the drivers door.

I was able to get all my wiring, grounds and constant power by removing the coin tray and accessing the fuse panel at this location.

Also remember to wrap the relay in double foam tape to prevent rattling around as the vehicle hits bumps etc.

tim

Old 07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Tim,

thanks For the response can I have someone at the dealership install this for me. or ill hire U if ur in NY heh. but I don't know anything when it comes to cars. i just drive my to my military base. But overall how are the mirrors working for you.

Quick Reply: Power folding led mirrors

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands