A stock unmodified TCH
76.92%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Pre-goodbye poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Unhappy Pre-goodbye poll

I'm sorry to say that I will be leaving the TCH family very shortly. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I needed a minivan for the family. Well, we bought it on Sunday, so I'm in process of listing the TCH for sale.

For those that have followed my threads for 2+ years, you will know that I've done a lot of mods on my car. See my signature. I definitely don't have a "standard" TCH. And here are some pictures:
http://pictures.rheefamily.info/pict...ryHybrid4Sale/

So here is my poll question, especailly since you are all TCH owners. If you were in the market to buy a used TCH, would you prefer to buy a stock TCH or one that looks like mine? I'm not asking for any money for my mods, I'm selling my car at market price, but I wanted to know if my modified TCH doesn't meet the tastes of a typical hybrid owner, who I feel are much more conservative. i.e. body kit, TRD springs, 18" wheels, spoiler, etc. I will definitely be parting out a few things that I can easily remove, such as the sliding armrest. I'll entertain any reasonable offers.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Default Re: Pre-goodbye poll

Sorry to see you go, as you have been a valued contributor here.

For me, I probably would be OK with everything except the TRD springs. I have also replaced springs/struts on a relatively new car in the past with springs/struts from a "sport" model of the same year vehicle, with less than satisfactory results, so I am afraid that your upgrade in this area would keep me from buying your car, IF I was looking for a used car. Just being honest!

Last edited by jbollt; 08-22-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by jbollt
Just being honest!
Thanks, that's exactly what I was lookg for! I might have to return my car to stock condition to get more looks at it, then I could always sell the parts to non-hyrbrid owners.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm going to say I would go for yours. Compared to the stock unmodded one it would be a bargain if your not asking more. The value to me would be the wheels & body kit.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Most of the time I see a used modified car, I mentally add on the cost of undoing at least some of the changes.

I have talked to people who still had the original parts and were willing to include them or swap them for free and that is the only time I consider it equal to an unmodified vehicle.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:12 PM

I'd probably take the mods. The only thing I wouldn't like is the TRD springs.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Call me conservative. For me, mods lower the value of the car.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

That's some change from a moded and loaded TCH to a minivan?? The mods you listed that you had done must have cost over $5,000??That's a big chunk of change!! I sure hope you didn't plan on recouping all the money you dropped on all the mods?? Anyways...........from TCH to minivan.....I'm at a loss for words!!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

My personal feeling is that I would rather not buy a moded car because I don't know the skill level of the person doing the moding. However, I would probably pay a little more for better rims.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Professional Hacker

From personal experience, I know a modded car can be sold. I just sold my 2003 VW Bora for $4k above blue book because of the work that I did to it.

But for me personally, I would buy a completely stock car. Just because I really prefer to do it all myself. That's most of the fun for me.

Quick Reply: Pre-goodbye poll

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands