Probems with MP3/WMA Disk

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Probems with MP3/WMA Disk

I made a couple WMA disks to play in the TCH with NAV system - but thee don't work very well - I will get through a couple of songs and then it just trys to move/switch to another disk and locks the system up - I have to eject the disk to get it to work again..... I don't think it is a radio problem - but probably the way that I am writing the CD in WMA format ---- any thoughts... I used MusicMatch to do the disk and the manual says you can't use packwriting software.....but not sure what Musicmatch is using....

Thanks!

Old 09-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Probems with MP3/WMA Disk

My MusicMatch WMA cd's play in my JBL non-NAV system with no problem. What format CD are you burning? Have you tried using a different format? Also, some +/-RW cd's are finicky on a cars stereo, have you tried burning +/-R cd's?

Old 09-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've burned about a dozen CD-RW discs, mostly in MP3 format, but with a few WMA files as well. So far, they have worked great!

Old 09-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm using CD-R's.... I did have a few mp3's thrown in with the wma's - I wonder if the two formats can't be used at the same time on the same disk... I also had a few Digital Licsenced files from direct Musicmatch purchases.... I'll have to give it another try and see what happens...

Old 09-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by RCFlyer
I'm using CD-R's.... I did have a few mp3's thrown in with the wma's - I wonder if the two formats can't be used at the same time on the same disk... I also had a few Digital Licsenced files from direct Musicmatch purchases.... I'll have to give it another try and see what happens...
You CAN mix MP3 and WMA files on the same CD.
You CAN NOT mix CD audio and MP3/WMA on the same CD. If you do it will only play the CD files.
Make sure you are burning the CD as on ISO CD and not an Audio CD. Since it plays some I don't think that's your problem though.
J

Old 09-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well this is weird - I have been playing and burning several disks trying to come up with the root of the problem... It appears to be WMA - I burned a disk with just WMA files and a disk with just MP3 files - both from Musicmatch... The WMA will not play at all and the MP3 disk is just fine - it works great... So something is wrong with my radio not playing WMA or my WMA files... It does recognize them - but then it locks up.... May have to try some different burning software.....

Old 09-04-2006, 02:28 PM

Do your WMA files have licensing restrictions? Can you play them on another computer besides your own?

Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes I can - most are just from my CD's..... I'll need to do some more digging

Old 09-04-2006, 08:19 PM

Does Music Match "Finalize" the CD when you are done burning it, or does it leave the CD open for adding more music later? The TCH will only read finalized CD's. Because of error correction, CD's don't read their data linear, they jump around, and if the CD isn't finalized there is literally unwritten info closer to the end of the CD that needs to be filled in. Usually, this is just a matter of clicking a "Finalize CD" button, or sometimes the software will even ask when you eject the disc.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the option selected to close the disk at the end and the MP3's work - just the WMA's don't work.... I have also tried NERO without luck - so it's either my files or the player.... When I insert the disc - it loads, then goes to file 1 then file 2 then file 3 up to 6 - then searchs for another disc and locks up then.... To strange....

Thanks for everyone's help so far...

Quick Reply: Probems with MP3/WMA Disk

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands