Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Quick Question

Hi,
I'm just wondering, but say the battery dies in the Camry hybrid, can the car still run on its 4 cylinder engine like the Accord Hybrid can? Or is it like the Prius?

Thanks.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Quick Question

More like the Prius.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Enthusiast

I have another question, just going use the same thread.

Test drove the Camry hybrid today, the base model and I gotta say, wow it was quiet. The salesman thought it wasn't working since there was no noise at all.

Question is, where do you read your MPH stats? Or is it just in the top model only? There was a fuel consumption meter besides the odometer. I guessed that when you're in electric, the needle would be at 0 and what not.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Quick Question

Apart from the optional NAV screen, all models have a display screen in the center of the speedo gauge. This display screen cycles through a total of nine displays, which include things like outside temperature, average fuel economy, cruising range, battery management, etc.

The instantaneous mileage meter that you mentioned will register from 0 (zero) to 60 MPG in gas engine (ICE) mode. When operating on batteries only (EV), the meter will skyrocket past 60 to indicate that the gas engine has shut off, rather than falling to zero.

Glad you liked the quiet ride. Shhhhhhh.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:23 AM

The "ECO DRIVE" indicator shows you trip mileage since the car was started. It's displayed somewhat annoyingly as a bar that fills up. If you get 26 mpg, one bar on the left will be filled. Getting 41+ mpg, all will be filled. It can really only show trip mileage between 26 and 41 mpg.

When you start driving, your mileage will be less than 25 mpg for a little bit, but eventually it'll increase and you'll start seeing the bars fill on the gauge.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast

When operating on batteries only (EV), the meter will skyrocket past 60 to indicate that the gas engine has shut off, rather than falling to zero.
Oh I see. Thought it was the other way around.

Thanks for the replies. Too bad I'll have to wait another month for it though.

Old 06-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Electricity Guzzler

My understanding is if the traction battery somehow is totally drained you can't drive only with ICE. I believe if you run out of gas you can drive in LIMP mode for approx. 2 - 4 km though.