Radio noise or feedback

Old 07-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Radio noise or feedback

I’ve had my 09 TCH for about two months and have picked up what I could only describe as a faint feedback or noise sort of interference that seems to be coming from the speakers. The radio doesn’t have to be on to notice it, in fact, it is easier to hear with the radio off. It doesn’t happen all the time but it does occur predictably when I drive through certain areas. Problem is, as luck would have it, that none of these areas are near the dealer so I am having a hard time with him hearing the noise. They have ran their diagnostics and tried to find the source of the problem with to no avail. My question is if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it, could you tell me what they found so maybe I could point my dealer in the right direction? Thank in advance, Rick

Old 07-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Radio noise or feedback

Find the static or noise first. Then point to the spot or area when at the dealer.

Known noise locations are: left sun visor at the mount. Move the mount arm stops mine completely for many months. Others, the plastic hand support above the drivers door. Try pulling it down then release to see if it helps.

Another is a noise from behind the radio. Few early '07 models had some noise at the base of the windshield. A few reported some noise from the metal traction battery vent just behind and above the rear seat.

I think this was also early '07 models and had a tsb to repair the problem. Was some bumble bee noise coming from the center console.

Try searching the Greenhybrid Forms for noise.