Road noise and Wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Ian
Active Enthusiast
Default Road noise and Wind noise

Noise is a very subjective adjective, really depends on how much you can tolerate. In my personal opinion, in some ocassion, i really feel that the wind noise and road noise, especially on the interstate highway (I-90 and I-94 in Wisconsin and Minnesota) can sometimes be very distractive and annoying.

Does anyone has any solution on how to minimize the road noise and/or wind noise?

Has anyone installed the wind deflector yet? Are they useful, in terms of decreasing the wind noise?

Anyone has any suggestions?
Thanks

Old 10-16-2006, 04:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Road noise and Wind noise

Ian,

I find the car to be extremely quiet. Just wondering how your TCH compares with other cars you've owned.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:13 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Ian
... Does anyone has any solution on how to minimize the road noise and/or wind noise? ...
Crank up the JBL and make sure ASL is enabled.

Glossary:
JBL = Radio/Sound System
ASL = Automatic Sound Level feature of the JBL (see above)

Old 10-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Does the Base JBL system have ASL? I did not know this.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ian
Noise is a very subjective adjective, really depends on how much you can tolerate. In my personal opinion, in some ocassion, i really feel that the wind noise and road noise, especially on the interstate highway (I-90 and I-94 in Wisconsin and Minnesota) can sometimes be very distractive and annoying.

Does anyone has any solution on how to minimize the road noise and/or wind noise?

Has anyone installed the wind deflector yet? Are they useful, in terms of decreasing the wind noise?

Anyone has any suggestions?
Thanks
Like you said, this type of noise is very subjective. I actually find the TCH to be a very quiet vehicle, almost on par (but not quite) as my 99 CaddySTS. But then again, my last commuter car was a 97 Paseo convertible, which was as loud as a Rolling Stones concert even with the ragtop up, so I'm enjoying the silence of the TCH.

Does the Base JBL system have ASL? I did not know this.
Yes it does, but I do not find the ASL works very well in the base-JBL. If you go thru the stereo options (bass, treble, etc) it is the last option, and you can turn it ON or OFF. The ASL in the ScionTC works very well, you can adjust the ASL-sensitivity level, don't know why Toyota didn't incorporate that same functionality into the TCH stereo.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

For me, my 2007 TCH is perfectly quiet and quieter than the previous 2005 Camry I used to own... no issue very happy and pleased.

Last edited by agnosto; 10-16-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Ian
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Ian,

I find the car to be extremely quiet. Just wondering how your TCH compares with other cars you've owned.
I used to own a Honda Coupe EX, and the road noise are almost the same level compare with the TCH.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM

If you can find a TCH at a dealership (preferably the one you purchased it at) I'd suggest taking it for a ride and comparing it to your car. Yours may have an actual issue, or maybe your just more attuned to it. The comparison should let you know.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
TCH-Frosted Mink

We found the TCH is so quiet which is even better than ours 98 GS300.
Beside, we tried both Camry LE and TCH. The TCH is quieter than base LE, saleman told us TCH has thicker window which isolate noise.
If that is still not enough, you can have those noise cancellation head phone.

I am happy with mine.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Enthusiast

Must have a problem somewhere! Mine is just as quiet as my Lexus GX470 and rides as good also. better get it checked. Mine does not have a squeak or rattle.

Quick Reply: Road noise and Wind noise

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands